Chapter 6: A Pencil...?

Dad already took me home so I can rest peacefully. Tomorrow is already my birthday and almost everything bad happened to me.

"Hey, don't be sad it's your big day tomorrow"Dad said.

I forced a smile on my face to avoid him from worrying "I'm fine".

"You don't look like it though"Dad said worriedly. I wonder how parents always see through their children's eyes but it's also kinda sweet.

"I'll be fine, I'll just sleep through it"

"Are you sure you don't want to stay at home?"

"I'll be fine don't worry Dad"

"If you say so" And with that I went to my bedroom and went to sleep.

THE NEXT DAY

"Wow, what a drama queen. I can't believe she faked it, she must've done it for attention" a girl said.

"Lower down your voice she might hear you" replied the other girl.

Ugh... I should've just stayed home, now I need to put up with rude people and weird rumors. Why am I so stubborn...

As I entered the classroom almost everyone whispered to each other.

"Well, well, well looks like our little drama queen is here" I'm sure you guessed you said it, of course it's Beatrix.

I just stayed silent and went to my seat then took out my sketchbook and started drawing Kyosuke.

"Looks like she's too ashamed to even talk to us"Beatrix said.

I didn't answer, I just quietly drew my fictional boyfriend.

"Ugh, you're not even worth my time"then after she said that she stormed off. I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god I didn't have to put up with her attitude.

Sir Alex entered the room and gave me a warm smile but when I looked at my classmates they just gave me disgusted looks or even avoided eye contact. Then a sharp feeling stabbed through my chest, it's like I couldn't breath like I was drowning.

I raised my hand while holding my chest tight, Sir Alex nodded and I headed out to go to the school nurse.

"Hey what's the proble--" the nurse said, I just went past her and went to the clinic bathroom(I prefer the clinic bathroom instead of the normal bathroom because it's less crowded).

And for the very first time I vomited blood, a LOT of blood.

"Miss are you okay?" the nurse said in a worried voice.

"I-I'm fine" but it hurt like hell whenever I vomit especially when it has blood mixed with it.

I get to leave school early because of it.

AT HOME

"Are you sure you're okay?" dad said in a worried tone.

"I told you to stay at home but you're just too stubborn to listen"

"Heh, I'm always so stubborn aren't I?"

"Always making you worry about me, making other hate me and even push them away because of it" my eyes started to fill up when I said those words.

"Hey, don't say that you're a really nice person and you know it"

" ... "

"There you go with that silent treatment"

"No, it's just that I heard mom say those words to me when I was young"

"Memories, huh?"

"Let's change the topic, since it's your birthday today I decided that a certain someone visit you"

"A certain someone?" I was confused, it wasn't like I have any friends and I didn't really know our family members well aside from mom and dad.

"I'm sad that you don't remember me" A familiar voice said coming out from the kitchen.

"Grandma...?"I was confused, I thought grandma was dead.

"Yes sweetie, it's me"Grandma said in a welcoming tone.

"Your dad told me you're having troubles in your school, so I came to check up on you"

I looked at dad quite annoyed, I told him to keep it a secret.

"You know when I was your age I was a shy little girl too, and I enjoyed drawing just like you"

I didn't know grandma was into drawing so a let out a small gasp.

"But a young man helped me by giving me a present"

"A present...?" I was confused, what kind of present can change her whole personality?

"Here, you can have this I hope it can help" She then handed me a small rectangular box with a ribbon, I thought 'How could a present this small change her life?'

I opened the gift and saw "A pencil...?" I was annoyed, is she just playing a trick on me to make me believe there's hope?

"Thanks Grandma" I wasn't sure if she heard the disappointment in my tone but I just went upstairs to my room.

Before I left I heard dad asking why she gave me a pencil and Grandma just said "She'll realize its magic soon"

I was both confused and annoyed 'What magic? Magic isn't real' I thought to myself. I took my sketchbook and sat on my bedroom desk I used the pencil grandma gave 'cause I don't want it to go to waste and drew Kyosuke in his casual clothes.

"Magic isn't real... Is it?"