Chapter 12: A Friend Date

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is gonna be a longer chapter since one of my friends wanted a longer chapter.
Cough* @yumirapaguergan13 cough*

---

"Good morning Melissa" Kyosuke said as he came out of the study room.

"M hhm" I said as I tried to open my eyes.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 7:30, "7:30 already?!" I thought to myself, my eyes still tired.

I turned to Kyosuke "Hey Kyosuke, what day is it?" I asked to confirm my gut feeling that it's the weekend.

"It's Saturday today so you can sleep all you want" Kyosuke replied going inside the bathroom.

   "Ugh, finally I can get some rest, this week has been a pain in the butt", I thought to myself as I arranged myself to a more comfortable position.

"I'm just gonna head out to town" Kyosuke shouted from the bathroom.

"Mhmm" I agreed out of instinct but quickly realized what he had said.

"Wait you're going to town?" I exclaimed, Why is he going to town? Does he have a date or something I don't know?, my thoughts run wild as I think of a reason why Kyosuke would go to town without me.

"Yeah, I just want to check out the newly opened bookstore cafe" Kyosuke replied.

   I quickly sat up and rubbed my eyes to brush away the sleepyness in my body.

"You wouldn't mind if I go with you right?" I asked shyly. This is the moment of truth, if he agrees then there'll be nothing to worry about, I thought to myself.

"Sure, I thought you wouldn't want to come 'cause you'd want to get some rest" Kyosuke said, finally coming out of the bathroom.

   Actually I didn't want to come, I thought to myself but there's always this weird feeling in my stomach that grew every time I think about 'the girl that stole Kyosuke's heart' and that she'll take him away from me.

"It's fine, I haven't been able to go out for a while now" I replied.

"I'll go get ready just wait for me outside" I said while going to the bathroom.

   While Kyosuke was heading outside I hurriedly brushed my teeth and went to my closet. "Lots of options...", I thought as I was surveying the clothes that I bought 'cause I think it was cute but never really gotten a chance to wear it because I never had the courage to go out.

   "I'll chose... This one!" I said picking up a cute blue dress with tiny flower patterns all over it together with a white cardigan and the crescent moon necklace my mom gave me. I hurriedly put it on and head out to Kyosuke waiting outside the house waiting for me.

"I'm here" I said trying to look cute.

    Kyosuke turned around and showed a weird but cute face to me, I think it's a face of amazement...? Or maybe a face in awe "You look awesome!" Kyosuke said excitedly "I don't know why you're so embarrassed about your body, you look so cute in that dress" Kyosuke continued.

   "T-thank you" I said as I felt my face turned bright pink "I thought because this is the first time in a while that I'm going out I'll make it count" I said openly to Kyosuke, I don't know why but whenever I'm with him I feel like nobody's gonna judge me.

   "Shall we go then?" Kyosuke asked putting his hand out "Wait is he expecting me to hold his hand just like that?" I thought as I hesitantly put my hand on his.