Chapter 14: Lie...

"Sigh... I can't believe it's already Monday" Kyosuke said as he stretched his arms like a cat.

"The days are passing by really quickly, huh? " I replied.

"Did you have fun on our little date?" Kyosuke asked in a suave tone while he put his Hands on the back of his head.

   I took a quick glance at Kyosuke to see what his expression was and to my surprise he was actually looking at me. We quickly looked away from each other.

"Yeah, it was really fun. I didn't know going outside was actually a fun thing" I replied looking away at Kyosuke.

"Have you thought about what club you're going to join?" Kyosuke asked.

Clubs huh?, I thought What could go wrong with choosing a club? Right?

"No, I actually haven't thought about it yet" I said fidgeting with my hands.

"How about you? Have you thought about what club you're going to join?" I asked.

"Definitely the music club or maybe the soccer team if they have one" Kyosuke said proudly.

"It's always been my dream to play in front of a crowd, since I can't do that on my own world, I'll do it here"

   As we were walking, I felt someone rushing towards me from behind so I quickly crouched down to avoid it, Kyosuke stopped to look who it was.
   It was a girl and to my surprise she seemed quite familiar too, she was running and then she tripped over me and fell face first to the ground while I lost my balance and stumbled on a rock causing me to fall on my butt.

"Ow! That hurts..." She whimpered while struggling to get up.

"I told you it was a bad idea to run to her from behind" A guy said in a cold tone while walking towards us it was the same guy in the coffee shop.

"Crista...?" Kyosuke asked the girl.

   The guy helped Crista get up from the ground "Thanks Ryu" She tidied up her skirt when she got up.

   Ryu headed towards me "Are you alright? Were you hurt? I'm sorry about her she can get out of control when she's excited" He said as he offered his hand to help me get up.

   I felt my heart race a little as he held my hand. Even though it was just for a moment I felt how gentle his hands were while holding mine, I quickly pulled away to prevent the awkwardness that's starting to rise.

"O-oh you don't h-have to apologize it was c-clearly my fault. I'm really s-sorry Crista" I apologized to her immediately. I didn't know it was her, I thought it was some random stranger.

   She scratched the back of her head "It's alright, it was my fault for running up to you. I got excited when I heard you two talking about joining clubs" Crista said. I felt Kyosuke tugging my sleeve so I turned to him.

"What's the matter?" I whispered to him.

"I... I don't-- he's too--nevermind it's nothing" he replied still holding onto my sleeve. "You know you can't lie to me" , because I know deep down that there's something wrong and with Kyosuke stumbling over his words, I can't be more correct.

"You know, if you don't have any clubs in mind, you could check out my club" Crista said in a
matter-of-fact tone.

"What kind of club do you have?" I asked trying to brush away the thought.

"I'm in charge of the art club" She said with a bragging tone on her voice.

   I felt something burn inside me. Passion? Motivation? Either way it felt nice, it's like I'm finally given a purpose and it felt amazing.
   But even though I'm really happy I'm still worried about Kyosuke; he didn't say anything about it, he's just holding onto my sleeve.

   Crista invited us to her club "Come check it out if you have time, alright?" She said as she started walking away with Ryu following her as she was waving goodbye.

"Y-yeah, sure will" I replied.

   I then turned to Kyosuke who's still holding onto my sleeve "Are you sure you're alright?" I worriedly asked.

"Yeah, don't worry I'm fine" He replied nonchalantly to me.

"You holding onto my sleeve says otherwise" I scowled at him. He must've not realized that he's still holding my sleeve so he immediately let go of it.
"Pfft, I'm fine don't worry about me" He said as he scratched the back of his head with a 'smile'.

"Welp, I have to go to the classroom early today for a group project we had" Kyosuke said as he hurriedly walked to the direction of the school. His lie was almost believable but he must've forgot that we were classmates so I am aware if there is a group project or not, which there isn't.

"Why did you have to lie?"