Chapter 14: The Stone

After we caught up with Harry he had already started back to the castle. "Where are ye going?" Called Hagrid from the door of his cabin, but Harry just ignored him and started to ran back to the castle. "What's going on Harry?" Asked Hermione. "Yeah come on mate use your words." Said (Y/n) and he, Hermione and Ron ran after him. "Snape's gonna steak the stone it's going to be tonight" he then explained that Hagrid had let slip how to get past Fluffy and that it must have been Snape that gave him the dragons egg. "We have to go to Dumbledore" Said Hermione as the four of them set off to his office. "What are you four doing here?" Asked Professor McGonagall "were looking for Dumbledore" Said Harry hurriedly "Well he's not here-" "Not here!" "No Mr Potter he received an urgent owl from the ministry of magic, and left earlier today." Explained Professor McGonagall. "But Professor someone is going to steal the philosopher's stone" Said Harry. "I don't know how you found out about that but I can assure you it is perfectly safe." "Professor if the four of us, well two of us Harry and Ron weren't much help, can find out about the stone don't you think it's possible that someone else might find out about it" reasoned (Y/n) "I am telling you Mr (L/n) the stone is perfectly safe." Said McGonagall as she turned to leave. "We're going to have to go after it. Tonight" Said Harry.

"And what are four Gryffindors doing inside on a day like today" came a voice from behind them. They all jumped and turned to see Snape standing behind them. "You better be careful. People might think you are up to something"

The four of them waited in the common room until night. "Okay we'll take the cloak so we won't be seen" Said Harry. "And I've got this flute from Hagrid to deal with Fluffy" "Where are you going" Said a voice from behind, they turned around to see Neville sitting in one of the chairs by the fire. "Nothing Neville" Said Harry suspiciously "you're going out again, you're gonna lose us more points" he said "just go to bed!" Snapped Ron. "I won't let you" Said Neville standing up and putting his fists up ready for a fight "Oh we don't have time for this, sorry Neville" Said Hermione as he pulled out her wand. "petrificus totalus" Neville's arms and legs snapped together and he started to fall. (Y/n) caught him before he fell and carried him to one of the sofas "I'm sorry Nev" he said.

The four of them pulled on the cloak and walked to the third floor, when they saw Peeves. "We just have to be quiet" Said Hermione, just then Ron stepped on a creaky floor board. "Great going Ron real quiet" Said (Y/n) sarcastically "who's there?" Said Peeves "Are you someone who shouldn't be here? Better call Filch I should" "Peeves" Said Harry in a deep voice "the bloody baron has reasons for being invisible" this seemed to work as Peeves actually apologized to the and then floated off. "That was brilliant Harry, can you do McGonagall?" Asked (Y/n). They continued on till the reach the locked door. Only it wasn't locked, it opened with the slightest touch. The four of them pulled the cloak off. "Well looks like Snape was already here" Said Harry pointing to a harp in the corner of the room. They walked over to the trapdoor and (Y/n) pulled it open. "Hermione you want to go first?" Said Ron. "No I do not" she replied. "Anyone else notice how quiet it is?" Asked   (Y/n). To their horror the harp had stopped playing itself. Harry was ready though he pulled out the flute and started to blow notes on it. "Okay now that that's sorted, who wants to go first?" Said (Y/n) Harry was pointing at himself "what's that boy?" Said (Y/n) in a voice you'd use to talk to a dog "do you want to go for walk? Huh do you want to go for a walk?" The other three just looked at him. "Bad time?" He asked. Harry handed (Y/n) the flute who put it to his lips and started to play a tune. The others stared at him. Harry then gave a speech about how they didn't have to go with him and then jumped down the trapdoor.

He called from the bottom "it Okay there something here to cushion the fall" next Ron jumped down then Hermione and finally (Y/n). When he hit the bottom he say Hermione was standing by a door looking horrified "Lucky!" She said sounding bewildered "look at you two" (Y/n) looked and saw that vines were wrapping their way up Ron and Harry's bodies. "Okay just relax" Hermione ordered them "This is devils snare. What did Professor Sprout say about it" Said Hermione in concentration. "It loves the damp and dark" "so light a fire" Said Ron. "Yes but there no wood" Said Hermione exasperatedly. "ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!" Said Ron. Hermione's face went red and she pulled out her wand and conjured fire. The vines let them go and retreated into the wall. "God there is no wood honestly Hermione" Said Ron as he and Harry walked past her. "Thank for saving us Hermione" Said (Y/n) and he pulled her into a hug. "We would've been dead if not for you"