Chapter 4: The train

"Really?" Said their dad sounding frustrated. (Y/n) and his family were in their kitchen getting ready to leave for Hogwarts.

"What's wrong dad?" Said Richie trying to sound innocent. "First you spent almost all of your money buying a broomstick," "which is prohibited by first years" added Ben "Oh shut up perfect prefect Bennie" said Richie "And secondly" continued their dad, ignoring the interruption "no one is going to believe that your shiny new Nimbus two thousand is a muggle broom that you brought to clean your dormitory!" Richie opened his mouth to reply, thought better of it and closed his mouth and sat down sulking. "Well come on now get your stuff together we've got a train to catch" Said their dad.

About an hour later they arrived at King's cross station pushing their trolleys laden with their school supplies, and an oddly broom shaped package on Richie's trolley.

"Okay you know the drill" said their dad "yeah yeah we know" said Richie "just run headlong into the wall and pray you've got the right platform" added (Y/n) as he and Richie started to run full speed at the wall between platform 9 and 10, coming out on the other side looking at all the parents kissing their kids goodbye and all the kids running off to find their friends.

"I'll see you on the train (N/n) I've got to try and get my broom on the train before dad comes throu-" Too late. Right in the middle of Richie's word dad ran through the barrier and practically tackled Richie to the ground. (Y/n) burst into laughter as several families looked round, including a family of red heads in the corner.

"Nothing. To. See. Here." Said dad through gritted teeth. "Everything's alright over here Molly" he said to the mother of the redhead family. "I told you NO brooms" said dad as he practically dragged the broom shaped package out of Richie's hands.

After that fiasco dad got everyone settled down and sent them off onto the train. "Be good now" shouted their dad "Richie stay out of trouble and (Y/n) keep your tongue in check"

"Well then see you three at Hogwarts I'm going off to find my friends" Said Rose as she ran down the corridor. "Stay out of trouble you two. Hey what's that you got there!" Ben shouted after two red headed boys who were scurrying down the train.

"Hey (N/n) there a compartment right here" Said Richie. (Y/n) looked in it was full of a bunch of Richie's friends. They gave him a cold stare. "It's okay I'll find somewhere else to sit Richie" "Are you sure (Y/n)?" "Yeah I'll see you at Hogwarts"

Richie's friends had never like him that much, of course Richie always tried to include him with his friends, but they never quite liked
(Y/n) that much. "New school new friends" said (Y/n) under his breath. Before getting his letter he like his brothers and sister all went to a private muggle school. Their dad had always thought that it was best to teach and show his children the muggle world as well as the magical one, to try and show them how similar they both are and to given them an appreciation of the "other half of our world" as their mother used to call it...

"Hey it's good to see you again" came a familiar voice. (Y/n) turned around to see brown haired girl in the door to a compartment. "Are you looking for somewhere to sit? You're welcome here." she said. "Thank you" replied (Y/n) as he pulled his things into the compartment and sat down "oh by the way I never got your name" "What are you talking about?" She asked. "I told you at Diagon alley. Did you forget already?" She said sounding hurt. "I could've sworn she didn't tell me" (Y/n) thought. He felt bad looking at that brown haired girl with a hurt expression on her face "I... I... I'm sorry"