Chapter 9: A duel and a Dog

"You can't be serious Harry don't go" pleaded Hermione. It was night and (Y/n) and Hermione has stayed up all night waiting for Ron and Harry. "Did you seriously wait all night just to scold us?" Asked Ron as he and Harry left through the portrait. Hermione ignored him. "You could get expelled Harry. Can't you see that?" "No one asked you to tag along" Said Ron angrily. "Fine. Fine" Said Hermione "but when you two are expelled just remember who tried to stop you. Come on     (Y/n)" she turned towards the portrait but to her horror the fat lady was gone. "Just come with us" Said Harry "Fine but only so that when you get caught I can explain that we were trying to stop you" replied Hermione. And so the four of them set off towards the trophy room. It was deserted when they arrived, and to their horror they heard Filch close by. "They'll be in here somewhere Mrs. Norris, somewhere." He muttered. "Run" whispered Harry and the four of them tore off toward the nearest staircase around the corner to the end of the hall and BANG! Ron ran straight into a locked door "Oh no" Said Ron as he rubbed his nose. "We're done for" "Oh move over" Hermione pushed Ron out of her way pulled out her wand and muttered "Alohomora" and pushed open the now unlocked door. (Y/n) was the last in and closed the door behind him. "I think he's gone now" muttered Ron "he probably thought it was locked" "That's because it was locked Ron" Said Hermione exasperated "And for good reason" stammered (Y/n), his back to the others. He was face to face with a huge three headed dog. And for the second time that night Harry shouted "Run!" and the four of them took off back towards the common room, miraculously not running into anyone.

"What are they playing at keeping a bloody three headed dog in this school" said Ron. "Maybe its a therapy dog" (Y/n) commented. They just stared at him "it was just a thought" he said quietly look down "maybe not the best time for jokes" he muttered. "Don't you use your eyes Ron it was standing on a trapdoor" Said Hermione "I was more preoccupied with its three bloody heads" Ron whisper shouted "I'm going to bed" Said Hermione "before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse expelled" Said Hermione as she turned towards the portrait. "Goodnight Hermione" (Y/n)said feebly, she turned back around gave him a quick smile "goodnight (Y/n)" and she went through the portrait hole. After she had left Ron said "She needs to sort out her priorities" "And how come she wasn't mad at you (Y/n)?" Added Harry "'cause I wasn't the stupid idiot who fell for Malfoy's trap" and he walked off towards bed.

After that a few weeks passed. He had his first charms class, which he throughly enjoyed, and herbology which he had found pretty boring. They had learned about some kind of vine and something about fire, he probably should've payed attention but how important could it have been. He had also had his first history of magic class which was a dreadful bore. It was taught by the only ghost teacher who had apparently died one day and just kept on teaching.

He had gotten a lot closer to Hermione, spending a lot of his free time with her in the library studying and when they got bored, or more accurately when he started to make too much of a fuss they'd just talk to each other. He'd also been spending a lot of time with Neville. (Y/n) helped him with his spell work and Neville tried to tutor him in Herbology. "Ughh it's just soo booooring!" Complained  (Y/n). "It's not boring (Y/n) you just have to focus" "UUUGGHHH" (Y/n) let out a sigh and let his head fall into his text book. "Maybe we should just go down to breakfast. It is Halloween today" said Neville cheerfully. This made (Y/n) smile, he had loved Halloween as a child, his mother always took him and his brother out trick or treating with the muggles. They were some of his favorite memories.

"I can't believe they're making take classes. On. Halloween!" complained Ron "Hey Ron do me a favor. Shut up." said (Y/n) he then turned towards Hermione. "Happy Halloween Hermione." "You too (Y/n)" After breakfast the four of them head to charms class. Hermione and (Y/n) in the front and Harry and Ron following behind them. Charms was taught by one of (Y/n)'s favorite teacher he was short little man that was at one time, according to his dad, an amazing dueler. "Today we will be learning the levitation charm." Say Professor Flitwick. They had been paired into partners and were given one feather per pair. Harry was with Seamus, Ron with Hermione, and (Y/n) was with Dean, who he still hadn't realized wasn't named Don. "Wingardium Leviosa!" Shout Ron jabbing his wand at the feather "No no you're saying it wrong it's Wingardium LeviOsa not Wingardium LevioSA" corrected Hermione "Well then you do it then" snapped Ron angrily. Hermione shrugged said "Wingardium Leviosa" and the feather started to levitate. "Well done well done look class Miss Granger has done it, five points to Gryffindor" Professor Flitwick said praising Hermione. Ron spent the rest of the class sulking. "Sooo how's your year going so far Don?" asked (Y/n) Dean just glared at him so instead (Y/n) focused on his feather and started to levitate it "Ooh at it looks like Mr. (L/n) has done it as well" said Flitwick, suddenly there was an explosion on the other side of the room "Uhh professed I think we might need another feather" Said Harry, as Seamus had blown up their feather.

"She so insufferable 'It's Wingardium LeviOsa, not Wingardium LevioSA'" mocked Ron. (Y/n) and Hermione we're walking towards the Great Hall behind Harry and Ron, but still within war shot. "No wonder she doesn't have any friends" at this (Y/n) saw tears in the corner of Hermione's eye "Are you oka-" started (Y/n) but she had already pushed pasted him and Harry and Ron and ran past them. "You are a real git Ron" said (Y/n) he looked surprised that they had heard her. "She only wanted to help you" he shove Ron backwards and followed after Hermione.

(Y/n) followed her to a girls bathroom where he sat down outside it, getting a lot of weird looks from people passing by. "Come on Hermione. You don't need that prat" (Y/n) called in. Just then another girl walked out,   (Y/n) recognized her as Lavender Brown, another first year. "What are you doing out here?" She asked him accusingly. (Y/n)only just realized how weird this must look to people walking by. "Oh well I umm I just wanted to make sure Hermione was okay" he answered rubbing the back of his neck. "Ohh I think I understand" she replied coyly "well she's the only one I'm there so you'll probably be fine going in now, plus the Halloween feast is about to start. So I doubt you'll be. Interrupted" she walked away towards the Great Hall. "Well that was weird" muttered   (Y/n) before he took one last look around and entered the bathroom.