Chapter 8: Potions and Broomsticks

(Y/n) had been looking forward to his first potions class for a while now. Some of his best memories revolves around potions, he would often spend many days brewing potions with his mum.... oh how he missed that now.

They had potions with Slytherin which he wasn't too happy about. Many of the Slytherin thought he was a traitor because he was put in Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. It didn't particularly bother him that much, he was used to people bullying him. And anyway he had Hermione and Neville now.

He took a seat next Hermione with Harry on her other side and Ron on his side at the end. Professor Snape walked into the dungeon. (Y/n) had met Snape a few times before, he was a friend of his dad. (Y/n) liked Snape, there was something about him something deep in him that he liked. (Y/n) felt a sort of... connection with Snape, he felt as though they were more similar than they appeared.

He gave a speech about how he could teach us to bottle death. (Y/n) found it interesting, however after Snape had finished his speech he started to pick on Harry, (Y/n) thought this was unfair. All in (Y/n) thought his first potions class wasn't that bad at all. The others however didn't quite agree. "That slimy git" Ron was ranting about how Snape had treated Harry. (Y/n) rolled his eyes, yeah Snape had treated Harry pretty poorly but he didn't want to have to listen to Ron go and go about it. "I'll meet you guys for flying in a bit okay" Ron and Harry ignored him, and Hermione gave him a little wave as they walked off to the Great Hall.

(Y/n) wasn't feeling that hungry anyway, he just idly walked around the halls. "Hey Don" he said as he walked by him. He just gave him a strange look and kept walking. "Oh well that was a nice meeting then." Eventually he came say two redheads sitting suspiciously on a bench in the hall. "What 'cha doing?" Asked (Y/n) "Nothing" Said one "Just sitting here" the other replied. "You two are Weasleys right? Fred and George" "Looks like our reputation precedes us then, I'm Fred" "And I'm George" "(Y/n). My brother has told me a lot about you two and mischief and mayhem you create" the twins beamed with pride at this.

After that they talked for bit until it was time for his first flying lesson. "Alright guys I should get going to class. Oh by the way I saw Finch heading towards the trophy room earlier" The twins looked at you slightly bewildered, slightly amused. "You know old stooped guy, he's got a creepy hat" he mines Filch walking, still not realizing that his name is Filch and not Finch. The twins burst into laughter at his show. (Y/n) rolled his eyes and headed off to flying he heard the twins still laughing at his mistake.

Their first flying lesson was... eventful to say the least. When (Y/n) arrived there were a couple dozen brooms evenly spaced lying on the grass. He saw that Hermione was already there and took the broom next to her. "Wherever you been" She asked. (Y/n) just winked. Madame Hooch turned up at started the class. She told everyone to stick their hands out over their brooms and yell up. "Up" shouted a choir of voices. Harry, Richie and Malfoy's brooms flew into their hand. (Y/n)'s flew up a bit before falling back down. Hermione's flopped over a bit, making (Y/n) giggle a bit. And Ron's flew up and hit him in the nose making (Y/n) and most people burst into laughter. "Shaddup" growled Ron his face turning the color of his hair.

She then showed them how to mount and grip the brooms. "Okay now students on the count of three push of from the ground. One. Two." Neville shot up into the air loosing control of his broom, hitting the wall, getting his robe stuck on a statute and finally falling to the ground with a sickening crunch. (Y/n) ran over to him. "Professor I think his wrist is broken!" Shouted (Y/n) Madame Hooch ran over to him "Yep that is clearly a broken wrist he'll have to go to the hospital wing. Now I want everyone's feet to stay firmly on the ground, if anyway flys you will be kicked out of Hogwarts before you can say quidditch" she said sternly. "Let me help you professor" said (Y/n) as he pick up Neville and carried him bridal style towards the castle.