Chapter 11: Christmas

"It was Snape" Said Hermione. The four of them were with Hagrid in his hut, they were telling Harry what had happened at the match. "Oh come on Hermione Snape is a teacher 'ere 'e wouldn't try to kill Harry" said Hagrid. "Yeah plus that Quirrell seemed a bit sketchy as well" added (Y/n) the others just ignored him. "That's why he tried to get past the dog" Said Harry suddenly. "Listen he let in that troll on Halloween, to distract everyone so he couldn't get past that dog and he ended up getting bitten, that's why his leg was bleeding." "Who told you 'bout Fluffy" jumped in Hagrid quickly. "Fluffy?!" Said Ron disgusted. "That thing has a name?!" "Course 'e does. I lent him to Dumbledore to protect the—" he stopped abruptly "protecting what?" The four of them asked in unison. Hagrid shook his "Can't tell you that, it's between Dumbledore and Flamel. I shouldn't 'ave said that. I should not 'ave said that." Hagrid said. "Who's Flamel?" Asked Hermione. "Nope no I've said too much already." Said Hagrid as he ushered him out of his hut.

The four of them spent the rest of term searching for Flamel. Before they knew it school was out for Christmas. (Y/n) arrived in the Great Hall with a bag packed, he saw Hermione had packed her back too and that Ron and Harry were sitting at one of the tables playing wizards chess. "Ugh that's such a barbaric game" Said (Y/n) making them jump. "I see you two have packed" commented Ron. "I see you two haven't" replied Hermione. "Plans changed mum and dad are going to Romania to visit Charlie" said Ron. "And there is no way I'm going back to Privet drive" Said Harry. "Well then that gives you two time to search for Flamel." Said Hermione "Hermione" Said Ron exasperatedly "we've already searched the whole library" "Not the restricted section" replied Hermione as she turned to leave.

Christmas for (Y/n) wasn't too eventful, he spent most of the vacation with Richie talking and catching up. He seemed like he was have a good time, but (Y/n) couldn't shake the feeling that he seemed different now. When Christmas Day came he woke up early, for once, and excitedly shook Richie to wake him up. "Happy Christmas!" "God what time is it (N/n)?" "Time for presents!" (Y/n) replied excitedly. He had received some candy from Harry and Ron, and a book of charms from Hermione. He had sent them their gifts earlier. He had sent Harry and Ron various sweets and a book to Hermione. After that he spent the rest of his vacation just relaxing and spending time with his family. Overall it was a normal Christmas for him.

When he got back to Hogwarts Harry and Ron filled him and Hermione in on what they had done during the vacation. "So grand take away is that you found nothing about Flamel?" asked (Y/n) "well we tried" Said Harry feebly. After a few more weeks of searching to no avail the four of them started to lose hope, and now that there were classes once more they had less time to look. It was a few weeks into the new term and (Y/n) was in the library trying to finish some Herbology work. "Ughh I'm getting nowhere" (Y/n) said to himself. "Where's Neville when I need him?" He groaned loudly, and got shushed by the librarian. After a few more minutes of unsuccessfully trying to do his work he slammed his book shut getting a glare from Madame Pince "I'm going okay" he told her annoyed. He gathered his stuff and walked out of the library. "Why do I even have to take Herbology?" He said to himself, just then he heard a voice down the hall. "What's wrong Longbottom? Gonna hop on home to your gran?" "Malfoy" thought (Y/n). He turned the corner and saw that he had hit Neville with a leg binding curse.

Malfoy was standing there laughing at Neville with his two goons next to him. "Having fun Malfoy?" Said (Y/n) the rage clear in his voice. Malfoy turned to look at him. "Ah look who it is. The traitor." He snarled "I'd leave Neville alone if I were you" (Y/n) said coldly "or what?" Before Malfoy could make a move (Y/n) pulled out his wand and said "Petrificus Totalus" Malfoy's arms and legs snapped to his side and he fellow over backwards. "What's wrong Mouthy can't you move?" Mocked (Y/n) "well it's a good thing you've got your "friends" here, I'm sure they know the counter curse" Said (Y/n) sarcastically. Malfoy's two goon took a step closer to him trying to look menacing. "You sure you wanna do this?" Asked (Y/n). The two kept moving closer. "Okay then, one second let's make this a little more fair" (Y/n) said putting his wand away. "I forgot trolls can't do magic" Crabbe charge at him, which (Y/n) easily dodged, being more agile than the latter. Goyle then swung his fist at (Y/n)'s head, who ducked to punch him in the stomach making him double over. Crabbe ran at (Y/n), but he flung his fist at Crabbe's nose as hard as he's could, hearing a crunching sound. "Well then run along now" (Y/n) said standing over them triumphantly "And don't forget little Mouthy over there" he added as the two of the started to run away.

"You okay Nev?" "I think so, I just can't pull my legs apart" replied Neville "Umm here's the thing Nev" started (Y/n) as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I kinda forget the counter curse, but I'm sure Hermione knows" he added the last part quickly as he saw the look of fear in Neville's face. "How am I going to get to the common room?" Neville said sounding hopeless "Well I could carry you" offered (Y/n) Neville contemplated this for a second before nodding. (Y/n) bent down and picked up Neville bridal style and headed towards the common room. "Hey (Y/n)" Said Neville "hmm" he replied. "I was just wondering how you learned to fight like that" "Well before I came to Hogwarts my brother and I were sent to a muggle school. My brother, Richie, always had an easy time make friends, me on the other hand, I've always struggled. 'Cause of this kids always picked on me and bullied me, Richie tried to stand up for me but he wasn't always there, so I had to learn to stand up for myself." (Y/n) explained to Neville. "Oh I never knew" said Neville sounding sympathetic. "But now things are different" (Y/n) said trying to change the mood. "Now I've got Hermione, and Harry and Ron. And of course you Nev" (Y/n) gave him a wide smile.

"What happened?!" Said Hermione as (Y/n) carried Neville into the common room. "Malfoy" replied (Y/n) bitterly. (Y/n) set Neville down on one of the sofas and Hermione muttered the counter curse free his legs. "Thanks Hermione" Said Neville looking sad. "Here take this" Harry said giving him a chocolate frog. "You're better then Malfoy." Said Harry "Yeah ten times better" added Ron. "And if you ever need some help..." (Y/n) said tapping his wand to his nose. Hermione scowled at him. "Come on Hermione I'm only joking" but as she turned her back to him he mouthed "I'm not" to Harry, Ron and Neville causing them to burst into laughter. "Thanks guys" said Neville "Oh here Harry you collect these right?" He handed the card to Harry. "Oh hey Dumbledore he's the first card I got" he said before falling silent. "I knew I'd heard his name before" Harry said excitedly handing us the card.

"We've finally found him." Ron exclaimed enthusiastically "No, Neville found him" corrected (Y/n) as he slapped Neville on the back. "Now then can you help me with this bloody Herbology homework?" (Y/n) asked. Neville gave him a grin and the two of them got to work.