Chapter 5: Missing toad

"Well I'm Hermione Granger" she said shortly, clearly anger. "Nice to meet you Hermione" he said sticking out his hand, which she just looked at. (Y/n) just let his hand fall to his side. "Oh by the way I'm—" he started "I know who you are. Unlike you I remember people's names Richard" she said angrily.

(Y/n) struggled, and failed, to hold in a laugh. Hermione simply stared at him confused. Once (Y/n) finally pulled himself together he explained to her how he had a twin. "You see he's almost identical to me, except" he try to make a hurt face "I'm clearly the better looking of the two of us. I'm hurt you couldn't tell" he said faking a sob. He could've sworn her cheeks blushed slightly red. "Well it's nice to meet you (Y/n)" she says quietly.

After their awkward introductions they fell into a deep conversation learning more about each other. (Y/n) learnt that she was a muggle born but had read a ton of books about the wizarding world and about Hogwarts how she was extremely surprised when she received her letter.

After a while they both changed into their robes. And a round faced boy opened their compartment door. "Umm have either of you seen a toad around" he said. "No we haven't sorry" (Y/n) replied. "We can help you look if you want" added Hermione. "Oh that would be a big help" the boy. It turned out that this boy's name was Neville and was also a first year.

(Y/n) liked Neville a lot he was a funny kid even if he didn't realize it. He felt a bit bad for the kid, he was different and (Y/n) knew that would mean people would bully him, much like they had once bullied him. (Y/n) was taller than most kids his age, at least a head taller than most and he too like Neville was different from other people. (Y/n) knew that there was scum in the world who found enjoyment in tormenting others.

(Y/n) was lost in thought for a while until he felt a tug on his sleeve he look to his side and saw that Hermione was tugging his sleeve. "Huh? What's wrong? Where's Neville?" asked (Y/n) bewildered. Hermione shook her head and let out a little giggle. "Neville left a while ago to search the other side of the train." She said opening a door to the next compartment.

Inside there was the scrawny blacked haired kid from Ollivander's and a red haired boy who had his wand out.

"Are you doing magic? Well then let's see it" said Hermione. The red haired boy look flustered "Okay then" he then proceeded to say some weird long rhyme, something about daisies and buttercups, when an idea sprang into (Y/n) head. He had to struggle to contain his laughter, as the boy finished his the clearly fake spell he shouted as loud as he could and fell backwards out of the compartment

"AHHH!" He scream clutching his ears "AHHHH!" "What's wrong all!" The three still in the compartment said, clearly sounding scared. A few other people had stuck their heads out of their compartment to see what the commotion was. "(Y/n)! Are you okay!" Hermione asked again. "AHHHH MY EARS! MY EARS! They've never heard such a bad spell!" as his shouts divulged into laughs. He got up and gave a bow to all of the head sticking through the doors, most looked annoyed and quickly closed the door, however a few gave him a smile and a laugh. He turned around to the three people in the compartment. The red haired boy's face was now as red as his hair and he glared at (Y/n). The black haired boy was laughing. "Ah I see impressed with my acting are you?" He asked the boy. He then look to Hermione who looked furious "Oh come on Hermione it was only a joke" "Yeah and a pretty good one" commented the black haired one. Hermione just ignored the two of them. "Are you sure that's a real spell? It's not a very good one" Said Hermione to the red head. "I've tried a few simple ones myself but they've all worked. Anyway I'm Hermione Granger."

"Ron Weasley" said the red head.

"Harry Potter" said the black haired black.
"Holy Crickets" exclaimed Hermione. "Are you really?" "Yeah well I'm (Y/n) (L/n). That's right I am THE (Y/n) (L/n). I can give you my autograph if you would like. The first ones free after that it's a galleon per autograph." I say in the most serious tone I could manage. The other three just looked at me. Hermione gave me a look that said "Why? Just why?" "Well I thought it was a good joke" muttered (Y/n).

"I've read all about you." continued Hermione. "Have you?" Said Harry sounding surprised. The others continued on for a bit talking about school and what not, (Y/n) didn't really pay much attention, it was pretty boring. Until something Ron said caught his attention. "Well I'd be fine with Hufflepuff, just anything but Slytherin." "What's wrong with Slytherin" Said (Y/n) trying to sound as offended as possible. "My whole family has been in Slytherin going back generations and generations. I'm sort of a legacy family. I'm basically guaranteed to be in Slytherin." Ron looked embarrassed "Well I I mean that's that's not what I meant..." his voice trailed off. "Only joking" said (Y/n) bursting into laughter. "Slytherin's not that great anyway" (Y/n) gave Ron a thumbs up and a grin, he looked relived after that.

"Anyway you should get changed into your robes soon I expect we're nearly at Hogwarts" Said Hermione as she walked out. "It's good to meet you Ron" said (Y/n) "and you to Harry Potter" he said as he bent down into a deep bow "I am so blessed to be in your presence, in the presence of THE Harry Potter. Can I get your autograph?" After that Harry basically pushed (Y/n) out of the compartment.