Chapter 12: Dragon

A few weeks later the four of them were studying in the library when Hagrid came up to them. "Not still looking fer Flamel are ye?" Asked Hagrid "Nah we found out about him ages again" Said Ron triumphantly "And that Fluffy's guarding the Philos-" "Shhh!" Hagrid interrupted him (Y/n) slapped the back of Ron's head "Oi what's that for" Said Ron rubbing his head "For being an idiot, don't go shouting about the stone" "Come on down te me canon later, we'll talk then" Said Hagrid quickly as he scurried out of the library. "I wonder what he was doing here" Said Harry. "I don't know maybe he was looking for. A book?" (Y/n) replied sarcastically "oh shut up" "we could just go see where he was looking" suggested Hermione. They looked around the library for a bit till they found a clumsy stack of books "Dragons?" Said Ron "Hagrid's always wanted one. He told me when I met him" explained Harry. "You don't think he's actually got one do you?" Asked Hermione "That would be brilliant" Said (Y/n) a little to enthusiastically Hermione rolled her eyes "They are illegal you know" Said Hermione "That just adds to the fun" replied (Y/n) with an impish look in his eyes.

Later thy day the four of them made their way down to Hagrid's cabin. "Come in quickly" Said Hagrid ushering them into his cabin. "So want did ye want to ask" "We wanted to know what else is guarding the stone" Said Harry "Ye know I can't tell ye that, even if I did know I couldn't" Said Hagrid. "Well we only wanted to know who Dumbledore trusted other that you to guard such a valuable item. I mean you know everything that goes on around here Hagrid." Said Hermione buttering him up, Hagrid was beaming with pride at this. "Well I s'pose that couldn't hurt. Well there's Professor Sprout, McGonagall, Flitwick, Quirrell. Oh and Professor Snape" Said Hagrid. "Snape!" Exclaimed Harry, Ron and Hermione. "Yer not still on about him are ye?" Asked Hagrid. "He tried to kill Harry!" Said Ron. "Look Dumbledore trusts Snape so that should be enough fer you" Said Hagrid sounding annoyed. "What's that?" Asked Hermione pointing towards Hagrid's fireplace "Ah yeah well that's.." "that's a dragon egg!" Exclaimed Ron "Charlie's told me all about them" "that's right, extremely rare they are. That one there is a Norwegian ridgeback" (Y/n) face palmed. "Hagrid you do realize you live in a wooden house!" Said Hermione sounding nervous.

Later that week Harry received a letter from Hagrid that only had one line.
'It's happening'
"Oh come on Hermione can't we just skip Herbology?" Begged (Y/n) "How often do we get the chance to see a dragon hatch" "No we can't just skip class" Said Hermione sternly "Oh please Hermione" (Y/n) whined. She gave him a stern look that reminded him of McGonagall. "We'll go after class" Hermione commanded rather than told them. After Herbology the four of them headed down to Hagrid's cabin. (Y/n) was practically dragging Hermione "Come on Hermione come on" (Y/n) said as he tug her hand.

"Oh it's you" Said Hagrid "Come on in 'e's about to hatch" the four of them crowded around Hagrid's table, as he placed the egg in the middle of the table. The egg started to crack and a little dragon popped out of the egg. "Aww he's adorable" Said (Y/n) the other three gave him a weird look "What he is" (Y/n) said defending himself. Suddenly Hagrid's face went pale. "There was someone looking through the window" Hagrid Said. (Y/n) rushes to the window and saw through a break in the blinds that a pale blond boy was running back to the castle. "Malfoy" (Y/n) said coldly.

For the next few weeks the four of them were constantly running down to Hagrid's cabin to help him with the dragon, who he had named Norbert. One day Ron ran in to the common room with with hand wrapped in a handkerchief "It bit me!" Ron exclaimed "Hagrid said I shouldn't have scared him. You'd think the way he's going on about Norbert that he's a little kitten" "You should go to the hospital wing" (Y/n) said "it doesn't look too good" The next day Ron's hand looked even worse and he was forced to go to the hospital wing. "Malfoy came in earlier" explained Ron the next time they went to visit him. "He treated to tell Madame Pomfrey what actually bit me" "Don't worry it'll all be over soon" Said Hermione reassuringly "oh no" Said Ron going pale "Malfoy took one of my books. It was the one with Charlie's letter in it." "We'll just have to use the cloak then" Said Harry.

(Y/n) didn't know how but the three of them managed to get Norbert all the way through the castle and up to the tallest tower without getting caught, and better yet Malfoy had been caught out of bed and had gotten detention. The three of them couldn't be happier as they walked down the stairs of the tower, until they heard a voice behind them. "Well well well what do we have hear" it was Filch, and to their horror they had forgotten the cloak at the top of the tower. "Students out of bed, looks like someone's in trouble" Filch lead them towards Professor McGonagall's office where Malfoy already was, and to their surprise Neville. "Neville! Are you okay?" Asked (Y/n) Professor McGonagall cleared her throat and lectured us about how no Gryffindor has ever done something like this and she was disappointed in us. (Y/n) didn't pay attention until she said "And you fed Mr Malfoy a cock and bull story about a dragon, and poor Neville tried to find you three to warn you. Well I hope you've had your laugh about that" Neville looked hurt and betrayed at this. Angry flashed in (Y/n)'s eye. "NO!" He shouted taking McGonagall by surprise. "No that's not what happened! We never intended to get Neville in trouble or even Malfoy for What's it worth, we were just..." he stopped abruptly realizing that if he told the truth we could get Hagrid fire. "It does not matter what you intended" said McGonagall angrily. "And you will not speak to a professor like that Mr. (L/n). Now then the five of you will all get detention-" "I'm sorry professor but I think you meant four" "No Mr. Malfoy I meant five despite what you did you were still out of bed after hours. And I will be taking fifty points from Gryffindor-" "Fifty!" Exclaimed Harry "Each. And an extra twenty for being rude Mr. (L/n). Now return to your common room before you lose Gryffindor anymore points" finished Professor McGonagall.