Chapter 10: A Troll and A broom

"Hermione" called (Y/n) tentatively "are you in here?" He was uncomfortable being in the girls toilets, and he really didn't want anyone to walk in and get the wrong idea. "(Y/n)" came a stuffy sounding voice. "What are you doing in here?" Hermione came out of a cubicle near the back of the bathroom. "This is a girls bathroom, you could get in trouble" she said sounding nervous. (Y/n) saw that her eyes were red and puffy and that there were still tears in her eyes. A wave of rage swept over him as he saw this. Yeah grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug. Hermione let out an "Ohh" in surprise. She was glad that (Y/n) couldn't see how much she was blushing. "Don't listen Ron, Hermione you've got me, and what more could you want" he said. "Thanks (Y/n), I just wanted to also be friends with Ron and Harry as well." "Well if those two idiots can't see how great you are then that's their loss" after that the two of them stayed in the bathroom and talked.

The two of them heard a noise coming from out in the hall. (Y/n) went to see what it was. As he stuck his head out of the door he saw a troll standing near by. He quickly ran back to Hermione and the two of the hide in a cubicle. They smelt rather than saw the troll enter the bathroom as a rancid disgusting smell met their noses. (Y/n) clamped a hand over his nose. Suddenly the troll swung a club that it was carrying with it into the row of cubicle, narrowly missing (Y/n)'s head. He pulled out his wand but the troll swung his club again and (Y/n) was forced to jump out of the way, losing a grip of his wand in the process. Suddenly he heard two voices on the other side of the troll. "(Y/n), Hermione are you okay?" Shouted Ron. "Harry, Ron is that you? What are doing here?" asked Hermione. "We're here to save you?" Replied Harry "Oh god we're gonna die here, you sure no one else is there to help us, maybe Dumbledore" shouted (Y/n) "Do you ever shut up" Ron yelled back. Harry ran around the troll shouting insults at the troll. "Great idea Harry just rile up the troll that could easily kill us all" shouted (Y/n). Harry was still shouting insults at the troll distracting it. (Y/n) took this opportunity to lifted Hermione up off her feet and ran with her to the other side, ignoring her protests. "Harry!" Yelled Hermione (Y/n) saw that he had jumped onto the troll back and had shoved his wand into the trolls nose. "DO SOMETHING!" Harry yelled as he was being flung around on the back of the troll. (Y/n) reached for his wand but saw in horror that his and Hermione's wands were on the other side of the room under a pile a rumble. "Ron you're the only one with a wand, do something" Hermione told him "Well it's been a nice life" commented (Y/n) "it's was great knowing you" he said to Hermione. She hit him in the arm. "You can do this Ron" she said encouraging him. "Remember swish and flick" Ron pulled out his wand and shouted "Wingardium Leviosa" suddenly the troll's club was levitating above its head, and Harry quickly jumped of its back as Ron let the club land on its head. "Is is it dead?" whispered Hermione, who was clutching (Y/n)'s robes. (Y/n) kicked the troll who let at a slight noise. "Nah it's just unconscious"

"That was stupidest thing you've done yet Harry, you could've got killed" he said to Harry. He pulled him into a hug "Thank you, you and Ron saved us" said Hermione "What is going on in here" came a stern voice from the door. Professor McGonagall walked in followed by Snape and the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Quirrell. "Ohh umm well professor you see-" Hermione started, (Y/n) cut her off. "We were heading back from the Halloween feast. I wasn't feeling too well so Hermione said she'd walk with him back to the common room. Anyway as we were walking back we saw a troll on the other side of the hall and so we ducked into the bathroom to hide from it"(Y/n) lied. "And if it wasn't for Ron and Harry we'd be dead" added Hermione. Professor McGonagall looked stunned. "Well then I am glad no one was hurt." She turned to Ron and Harry. "And to you two five points each, for sheer dumb luck. Now then I would head back to the common room if I were you" finished McGonagall "It might w-w-wake up" stammered Professor Quirrell.

After that the four of them become friends, of course (Y/n) was still closer to Hermione than either of the two boys, but it was nice having more friends now. He was sitting in the Great Hall with his friends as they tried to get Harry to eat some breakfast "I'm not hungry" Said Harry "Just a bit of toast" coaxed Hermione "yeah you'll need your strength" said Ron. It was the day of Harry's first quidditch match. Gryffindor was playing against Slytherin and Harry had been worrying about it all morning. "Harry you're gonna be fine" Said (Y/n) "but if you do... you know kick the bucket, can I have your broomstick?" Hermione hit him on the back of the head "Owww! It was a joke Hermione" she just glared at him. "I should probably go get ready" Said Harry "We'll be cheering for you" said Ron. "And think on what I said Harry" (Y/n) added in before Hermione hit him on the arm.

Ron, Hermione and (Y/n) were sitting together in the Gryffindor section watching Harry play. "I really hope nothing bad happens to Harry" Said Hermione nervously. "'E'll be fine" came a deep voice from behind, making them jump. "Hagrid!" The three of them cried. Harry had introduced him and Hermione to him a few weeks ago. "What are you doing here?" Asked (Y/n) "Well I was watchin' from my cabin" he said patting a large par of binoculars around his neck "but nothin' beats sittin' in stands watchin' in. Hey what's Harry playin' at flyin' around like that. If I didn't know better I'd say 'is broom was bein' jinxed" "Hagrid let me see those" Said Hermione grabbing the binoculars from him. "I knew it" she said angrily "look" she pushed them into  (Y/n)'s hand and looked where she was pointing. He saw that Snape was staring at Harry not blinking at mouthing something, he also saw Quirrell in the row above him doing the same thing. "Come on" Said Hermione grabbing (Y/n)'s hand and dragging off towards the teachers.

"Hermione What are we doing?" (Y/n) asked Hermione as they knock Quirrell out of his seat. "We've got to stop Snape" Said Hermione quickly. "Oh okay sooo do you just want to push him off the stands or...." he said pulling out his wand. Hermione looked at him startled and pushed his wand down. "It's was a joke" muttered (Y/n). Hermione pulled out her own wand and conjured up a little blue flame on Snape's robes, waited till someone saw that, scoped it up into a jar and grabbed (Y/n)'s hand and pulled him back towards Ron and Hagrid. "You did 'ermione." Said Hagrid as they got back. Harry had scrambled back onto his broom but was now diving towards the pitch. Hermione, who was still holding (Y/n)'s hand, started to squeal.

Harry touched down on the pitch and started to heave, before he coughed up the snitch. "He caught it, He caught!" Shouted Hermione jumping up and down while hugging  (Y/n). Ron was celebrating with Neville and Hagrid was beaming with pride. The four of them ran down to pitch. The Slytherin team captain was complained that he hadn't caught the snitch but almost swallowed. But Harry, (Y/n), Hermione and Ron were walking with Hagrid down to his cabin.