Ten

You and Spencer had been walking for quite some time now, sometimes making conversation, sometimes enjoying the company without the communication. This was the most relaxed you had felt in a long time. 

"Hey, my house is near by." Spencer broke the silence. 

"Really? How far have we walked?" You said with a small giggle. Although, being serious. If Spencer wasn't here, you'd for sure be lost. 

"Do you wanna come in and take a break?" He offered. It made your cheeks go red but you tried to ignore that. Besides, it went well with your red nose you already had from the cold. 

"Sure." You decided to agree, only because you hadn't thought of it until now, but you were very tired. Spencer led you to the end of the street. It was very quiet, VERY quiet. The street was full of big, beautiful houses and you were stunned to see that Spencer lived in one of them. Walking up the stairs to his front door, he took out some keys and started unlocking the door. While that was happening, you looked out to the street. It looked so lonely, so dull. There weren't even any birds to make some sort of noise. 

"Coming in?" Spencer said, you turned around to see him waiting for you to enter. 

You smiled, and walked in. 

"Wow, this is beautiful!" You said, taking in everything you seen. It was so clean, so full! Beautiful furniture and expensive antiques. 

"It's been like this ever since i can remember, I like it, so I don't change it." Spencer explained. 

"It's amazing." You said, walking around, looking at all the different antiques. 

"All of it was my mums." Spencer said, bluntly. You spun around to face him. 

"I'm so sorry..." You felt you had to say. 

"No, it's fine." He insisted. 

"So... You live in this big house, alone?" You asked. 

"Yup, for a while now. It gets kinda lonely." You felt bad for Spencer. 

"That must be awful, I'm sorry." Spencer laughed at this. You raised an eyebrow. 

"You apologies a lot (Y/N)." He said.

"Oh, ah sorry. I mean- sorry- I can't really help it... sorry." You once again, made a fool of yourself. However, Spencer didn't seem to agree. He smirked at you. 

Spencer gave you a tour around his house and finally came to a stop, at his bedroom. He opened the door to find another neat and tidy room. How can someone be so clean, living alone in a massive house. No dust anywhere! 

"Wow." You said taking in the sights, just like the last few rooms. He smiled at you and took a seat on his bed. You continued to look around. You noticed there was a photo of Spencer when he was young with some people, presumably his family. You decided not to ask though. He looked sad in the photo, unusual,  you never see Spencer upset honestly. He almost always had a smile. 

You opened one side of the sliding cupboard, Spencer had said he doesn't mind you looking around and 'investigating'. And you were curious. Just boring clothes though- wait. 

Something caught your eye. On the ground, almost unnoticeable, a hatch. It was locked from the outside. 

"What's this?" You asked before investigating this one. Spencer got up and stood next to you. He was quiet for a moment. 

"I don't know." He said bluntly.

"What? You don't know? How could you not know?" You asked, confused. 

"My dad said never to go in there. EVER." Spencer spoke but seemed emotionless. He just kept staring at the hatch. You were temped to convince him to go down and look, but decided not to after thinking about it. You didn't want to upset Spencer about something to do with his dead family. You took a step back and Spencer closed the sliding door. 

You wanted to change the subject. 

"Well, this is a pretty cool house." You said, an awkward smile sitting on your face. Spencer's face changed to. Forming back into a charming smile. 

--

Both you and Spencer had hung out for a while, chatting, looking around, even eating some snacks. Before you realized the time.

"Oh shoot. I should probably get going. Eli will get worried. I didn't tell her I was leaving annnnd shes been acting strange today." You said, standing up and fixing yourself. Spencer stood up too. 

"I"ll drive you." He offered. Which you gladly took. 

Leaving Spencer's house and getting in the car you felt good about the day you had. It was a mix of a few things, but ended wonderfully. Although, the day wasn't over. You had to go home to Eli first. 

Soon you were in your driveway. You smiled and thanked Spencer, you opened the car door to get out and before closing it again, you stopped. 

"Can i ask you something?" You asked Spencer. Thinking back to the time where you had a "session" with him. 

"Of course."

"What was that 'feeling' you had when we talked at the cafe." It had been bothering you ever since that day. Spencer wasn't able to describe exactly what he felt, he said it might have been good, bad or even something else. You decided just to ask. Spencer was smiling, but took some time to respond.

"I can't explain right now, but trust me, you will find out." Spencer said and your mind started contemplating. "You better go, see ya (Y/N)" Spencer said with a big smile on his face. You softly said thank you and goodbye and Spencer drove off. You stood outside for a moment. Something wasn't right there. But your brain had decided to not let that ruin your day and now had moved on to thinking about Eli. 

you opened the door and closed it behind you, locking it. You walked to your bedroom and presumed Eli was asleep or going through something she had going on. You were just happy she wasn't waiting to abuse you. You stayed up a while and made some food, quietly. Then decided to get ready for bed and slip in. 

Your mind felt better after that walk you had, but there was something you couldn't let go of: 

' "But trust me, you will find out "...'