➽ EPILOGUE |2|

AS IF I'M
YOUR LAST

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

| All this happened, more or less. |

THIRD PERSON's POINT OF VIEW

Adam scratched his cheek, frowning after hearing all the news his old classmates announced. Never thought some of his classmates already got married before their teachers do. They all just graduated in college two years ago and yet because of their favorite professor Eva Marie's wedding. They had a surprising mini-reunion, amazing!

He's glad he has time to spare, his flight to Mexico, work-related will be three days from now. And spending his remaining time here in this country made him happy.

After rolling his eyes at Roderick and Marina's stealing all the spotlight on the dance floor, everyone cheered as he decided to go to the bathroom.

On his way to the bathroom, he stopped short. There's a sudden change in music. A weirdly out of theme song that put all the people who have been dancing wildly out of the moment. Everyone shifted awkwardly, trying to adjust their moves to the song but not sure knowing how. As a smile tugged at Adam's lips, Toni Storm appeared.

He hasn't seen her since college graduation. She got looked prettier than more than he can imagine. She had jumped right under his nose as she had always done. She looked suspiciously cheerful which caused Adam to laugh.

"I have successfully hacked into the system," Toni grinned at him, raising her phone showing the latest BP song that was currently blasting through the speakers.

Adam felt the need to scold. But behind her, the people have started to move comfortably again. It was strange to see people dancing at BLACK PINK'S music.

"Sorry, it's a pure excuse to avoid a playlist that's been played on loop especially at Sir. Ohno's wedding reception but I wanted to dance."

Adam raised an eyebrow.

"With you," Toni quickly added. "I figured this would get you moving."

He looked around the room before looking back at her and folded his arms. "So who's bothering you?"

"No one. Well, you at the moment because I risked getting kicked out of this wedding reception for messing with Sir Ohno's almighty playlist so we could dance and you're just standing there. Come on!"

Toni took his hands started jumping up and down in front of him, abundantly dancing, swishing her ash-blond hair from left to right. Slowly Adam started moving along with her, feeling awkward for now being the only person refusing the catchy tunes.

She didn't need him, no one's going to bother her since it's a familiar face. People they've spend the high school and cried together at the graduation. But today, she didn't need him as a pretend boyfriend but as a friend. For that, he wouldn't mind staying until the wedding reception was over. Perhaps longer, if she would ask more than once.

Adam was glad, now genuinely enjoying the party. Imagine, everyone's dancing at BlackPink's music something he never thought would see especially from his classmates. It seemed like a crossover between a dream and a nightmare. He tried to ignore his insides that had started melting because of sentiment when he watched Toni.

It seemed like that for the first time she seemed to be genuinely enjoying herself too. The night continued like that, with a soul unbothered. Too drunk and endless telling their story, updating their classmates how their life changed for the better. Most of them had probably tuned out by now. However he was very aware of every song that was playing and so was Toni, both of them becoming less detached from what was going on around them and by the song. Swinging their arms around as if they had lost control over their limbs.