84【CUTE HOME SCREEN】

CUTE
HOME SCREEN

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

| All this happened, more or less. |

THIRD PERSON's POINT OF VIEW

Adam wallowed in the low whispers and gentle sounds of turning pages. He listened to them intently, keeping his breathing steady. It didn't take him long to feel drowsy again. It might be possible to catch up on a few hours after all.

He hasn't gotten enough sleep lately due to the never-ending requirements and simultaneously exams.

Maybe.

"You look rough," someone then muttered above him.

Adam's eyes shot open and tilted his head forward to let his sunglasses slide down his nose bridge. He squinted at the messy bun dangling above his head.

"So do you."

"You know a library is not for sleeping right?"

"Well good morning to you too, Toni Storm. And if a library is not for sleeping then why is there a fucking couch here?" Adam groaned and he rolled to his side, putting his hands under his face and closing his eyes again.

Next to his head, he felt an indent being made, a weird mixture of too-sweet perfume and cheap white wine wafting his way. It pleasantly twisted his stomach. He felt her heat looming over him.

"You know people have sex on here right?" Toni whispered next to his ear.

He jolted and fell off the couch right on some books that were still yet to be organized in their respected places. He lifted his face out of a stuffy textbook about medicine and rolled on his back. He peeled another book from under his ass and threw it to the side.

He heard her trying to contain her laughter.

"It does get cleaned every other week," carefully she slid off the couch and landed next to him. "Though that's probably not often enough."

Adam snorted at the mild disgust evident in her voice.

"So, you don't have a lovely clean bed at your apartment?" She asked.

"I do, a lovely clean bed that's located against a wall but hearing Kyle's snoring every night...ugh, not to mention Roddy keep rumbling words when he's cramming."

"Oh...then Bobby's with you as well. You're still living with them?"

Adam adjusted his sunglasses. "According to them, it'll be financially alright if the four of us stayed together. I bet they'll just miss me."

The girl wasn't able to contain her laughter at that, getting angry stares from the students that were still struggling to get through their exam period. She slapped her hand in front of her mouth and then went to whisper in his ear again.

"You're good at pretending, you know?"

He thought back to the time after they graduated. Kyle was the first one to suggest that they can still stay, split the bills since they're all attending the same university but different courses. Roddy was opposed at it at first but eventually agreed since Marina's studying at her hometown in college.

"Not really," Adam muttered.

He mindlessly patted around on the dark grey carpet until he eventually grasped his phone.

"They should be done by now," he said, unlocking his phone with his fingerprint and squinted to look at the time.

Toni didn't say anything. Adam bit his lip, hoping she didn't notice him moving on like that. A click of the tongue broke the silence.