page 15

Cadence
Elliot

_______________

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
_______________

   "Gosh, finally." Elliot said while opening his door and letting Cadence walk in. The smell of dinner made her mouth water, and the sound of jazz made her ears bleed.

   "Can you turn that shit off?"

   "Maybe when you learn some manners." Elliot smiled sarcastically and gestured for her to sit down at the already set table. He walked over to the radio and turned it down so it wasn't so obvious.

   "What other music do you listen to?" Cadence asked, hanging her sweater over the back of the chair and hanging her bag on it as well, taking a seat.

   Elliot shrugged. "A decent amount. Mainly Jazz, some Folk and instrumental things, like guitar. I also like some French songs, they're pretty good."

   "Like La Vie En Rose."

   "You know that song?" Elliot sat down, looking at her with a surprised facial expression. He reached to start dishing some of the meal onto her plate.

   Cadence held her plate up so he could reach and nodded. "Yeah actually. I don't listen to French music except that song and one other. There's a remake I like by Michael Bublé."

   "Michael Bubble."

   "Stop."

   Elliot smirked and started dishing himself some food while Cadence set her plate back down and began eating.

   "He's got a Frank Sinatra voice."

   "I know. It's sexy."

   "He isn't my type, but I can understand where you're coming from."

   Cadence laughed and shook her head. "Oh my god."

   He nodded at her plate and swallowed the bite of food he had in his mouth. "How is it?"

   "Surprisingly well. We should have Kyle be a secret chef."

   Elliot laughed shortly and leaned back in his chair after taking another bite.

   "I think the book might actually be a best seller. Only with my talent of course." Cadence smiled and pointed to herself with her fork, watching Elliot grin back.

   "Of course." He leaned forward to continue eating. "I think we should have them have a little vacation together or something at some point, where they could have their first kiss?"

   "And then the paparazzi can get a picture and post it everywhere." Cadence stopped chewing suddenly and swallowed quickly, slamming her hand down on the table and looking at Elliot's startled face. "OH MY GOD I FIGURED IT OUT!"

   "Jesus, woman!"

   "I'll tell you later though," She said calming down and pointing at her plate with her fork. "this is really good."

   Elliot laughed and continued eating as well.

______________

   "See? I told you it was a great idea."

   "Yeah, you're right. I actually agree for once."

   "People might hate on Juniper though." Cadence said, rubbing her bottom lip in thought with her hand. They sat on the couch now, on opposite ends. Elliot watched her furrow her brows in serious concern for their protagonist's reputation with a future fan base.

   "But June is as real as a character can get." Elliot said reassuringly, Cadence looking up at him. "Everyone makes mistakes, and when it's true love, who cares?"

   "The other guy."

   He laughed and nodded. "Yeah, that."

   "So I guess most of it is taken care of now. I'll finish the final draft of the outline tonight and print it out. We can give it to Jimmy Monday."

   "Want to watch some Star Trek?"

   Cadence gave him a look and scrunched her eyebrows together more. "No, ew. Let's watch some anime."

   Elliot sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine, but give me that pillow."

   She looked down to the pillow she was hugging with her one arm and pointed at it, looking up at Elliot innocently. "... This pillow?"

   Elliot's eyes darkened a little and he nodded, his expression getting slightly serious.

   "But... this is my pillow." Cadence curled up and hid her face behind it, peeking above it to look at Elliot who smirked ever so slightly at her.

   "Give me the pillow, Cadence." He said sternly, reaching out.

   She pouted playfully and crossed her arms over the pillow, hugging it tighter against her. "What am I gonna hold if I don't have this pillow, Elliot?"

   "My hand."

   "You did not just say that."

   Elliot leaned forward and took hold of the pillow. "I did. So what?"

   She blushed hard and tugged the pillow away, though he still had a tight grasp onto it.

   "Mine." Cadence hissed.

   Letting go of the pillow, he grinned. "Fine."

   He remained where he was, sitting right next to the still curled up Cadence and reached for the remote. His eyes now on the TV, Cadence loosened her grip on the pillow and stared at him, causing something in her chest to tighten.

   "Which anime are we watching?" Elliot asked, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his legs, his t-shirt stretching and hugging his back. Cadence couldn't help but check him out.

   Elliot's head turned to look at her. "Hello?"

   "Uh, sorry, what?" She immediately met his gaze and felt more heat rise to her cheeks, her eyes wide.

   Smirking once again, Elliot asked the question again and she finally gave a stuttered reply.

______________

for some reason i kept imagining them talking with their mouths full when writing the first half lmaoooo

hope you enjoyed !!