"Ace and I are going bowling this Saturday for some sibling quality time and I was wondering if you would join us?"

"Why would I want to intrude on family time?"

"Its just... Ace doesn't want to be alone with me"

"Why not?"

"He is afraid people will misunderstand"

"Misunderstand what?"

"Nothing... Never mind." she said then Josh joined us. "So you'll come?"

"And be the third wheel on your date? You must be sick" I teased and she punched me in the arm. I giggled a bit and she rolled her eyes and stormed off.

At lunch Ash asked me the same question again. She is very persistent. Josh watched the exchange but said nothing.

"I'll go if Josh does. We are kind of a package deal"

"You really think Ace would want to hang out with a bunch of high schoolers?"

"Ouch!" Josh said. "I couldn't come anyway. I have a prior engagement"

"See? Josh is busy. Please Bria..." she begged. "It would mean the world to me"

"Fine" I caved and she hugged me. I looked to Josh with a glare and he smiled before whispering "I'll make it up to you" in my ear.

I resisted going with Ash for two reasons. 1. It was their quality sibling time. Their relationship had been under strain for quite some time and it was about time they fixed it. The second reason was that I didn't want to see Ace. When I was younger, my mom used to say that absence make the heart grow fonder. I'm not sure if she meant it this way but I would really like to test that theory.

***

For the next couple of days, I was happy to say that I was back in my moms good graces. She gave me my car back and all was right with the world. Of course she was still over protective but most of the times she was floating on air. My mom was truly happy. I could live with that.

Saturday morning I woke up extremely early and cleaned my room from top to bottom. By the time I was finished I was shocked at the size of my room as well as the lay out. Had my room always looked like this? I took a few pictures and sent to Ash. Of course she teased me about it.

"Lets see how long this lasts" my mom grumbled when she peeked her head inside. I was actually offended. Is she calling me a messy person?

"I'm going out. I wont be back till later. There's food in the fridge or you can order what ever." I nod my head in response.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said about your friend. Its just... I Dont like the influence she has over your life Bria." She sighed.

"But mom, you've known Ash her whole life. You have no clue as to what kind of person sister Angie's daughter is. Do you really hate Ash that much?"

"I Dont hate her and yes you made your point. I can't choose your friends and I'm sorry. Just be careful. "

"I will. So can I spend the night at hers?"

"Dont push your luck sweet heart" She kissed my cheek and left the house.

***

When Ace and Ash came to pick me up, Hailey was in the car as well. I was a bit disappointed but refrained from letting my dissapointment show. Ash however, had her disappointment clear on her face. I guess Hailey was ruining sibling time as well.

We arrived at the bowling rink a little after 11 and met up with some of Ace's friends.
"I thought this was suppose to be your sibling time?" I asked Ash. She ground her teeth together and I certain she was extremely pissed at the situation. She grabbed Ace's hand and pulled him to a corner. The two were in a heated conversation for a good five minutes and Ash was completely red in the face. Ash tried to touch Ace but he stepped back. She grabbed his hand and dragged him somewhere out of our vision.