A Biker Magazine

McKenna's p.o.v.

I'm woken up by screaming. I jump out of bed and grab my gun from the dresser. Derek is nowhere to be seen.

I walk to the door and listen. Another scream rakes through the station. I kick open the door with my bare foot and walk into the room gun first.

I keep my back to the closest wall. It's pitch black telling me that the sun hasn't come up yet. Before I can do anything else the gun is knocked out of my hand and I hear it it hit to ground.

Someone tries to grab my arm from the left. If they're grabbing my left arm it means its their right arm. Using this as a basis, I can guess where they are standing.

I snap my hips in their direction swinging my leg. It comes into contact with their stomach. They double over like I expected.

I grab their head and slam in it into my knee and swing my arms up bringing them down with as much force as I can onto their back. I hear them fall and I grab their right arm and yank it behind their back and twist it.

The lights are switched on and I look up to see Isaac smiling and Erica and Boyd looking at me in amazement. I look back down to see Derek. I quickly let him go and stood up.

"What the hell was that about?" I exclaim see my gun on the floor a few feet away picking it up. I see Erica and Boyd giving Isaac ten dollars each. I knew what went on now.

"You guys bet if I could beat Derek, didn't you?" I ask them putting my hand on my hip.

"Yeah, we were training and I bet that you could totally take him down, but these two thought there was no way a human could take a werewolf." Isaac says smiling.

"I would say I mopped the floor with him." I say with a smug look on my face and I help Derek up off the floor.

"I was just going easy on you." He says defensively.

"Oh, yeah, totally that's why she took you down in eight seconds flat." Erica says with attitude.

Derek growls at her and she's instantly quiet.

"What time is?" I ask no one specifically.

"Around five." Boyd says and my face hardens.

"The next time I get woken up before six-thirty for something as stupid as a bet, someone is getting shot." I say looking at all four of them. They're all silent.

"Alright guys, go do whatever before school, just don't do anything stupid." Derek says causing Boyd and Erica to walk out the door and Isaac to walk back to his train car.

"I need clothes." I tell him and he nods.

"We can try going back to the motel, if they were still out looking after I hung up they'll be passed out by the time we get there. Or they are still out looking which would be ideal." I tell him as we walk back into his room.

I put my gun back on the dresser and go to grab my clothes from yesterday.
I pull off the sweatpants not caring if Derek is still here. His shirt goes down far enough to cover everything anyway. I pull up the capris from yesterday and decide to just tie Derek's shirt with my hair tie to make it fit better.

I dread having to put the heels back on but I do it anyway. We're both ready to leave within ten minutes and we walk out the door, get in the car, and drive off.

"God I really hope I don't have to deal with them yet." I say thinking out loud.

"Hey, if something goes wrong just say my name. I'll hear you and I'll be there, even if they might shoot me." He says making me smile.