Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV

Start from the beginning

"Good boy!" I praise him petting his head. He runs over to his food bowl and eats his breakfast. Then I go over to the counter and put a bagel that I got at the store and put it in the toaster.

I head to my bedroom to get dressed. As usual, I pull out a black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black belt. Average clothing for just about every man in dauntless. The one thing they've changed is that now we have to have official Dauntless ID tags on us at all times. Some people wear them around their neck, others clip it on their shirt or jeans, and some people like me just keep it in their pocket. I do have it on a black lanyard that has -Dauntless- written up both sides of it for when I leave the faction of the fence because then I'm required to have it around my neck. In my opinion, I think they're stupid. But it's not my rule.

I continue my routine of brushing my teeth, shaving, and kissing the picture that I have of Tris and I on my dresser and telling her that I love her. It's the one thing I do every morning and plan to do for the rest of my life. After that, I pull on my shoes and double knot them then head out to the kitchen room to check on Indy and get my bagel.

I get my bagel first, getting chunky peanut butter from the cabinet and a knife from the drawer then spread it on the bagel. I put the halves together like a sandwich then follow the sound of a toy squeaking to find my troublesome puppy.

I usually keep my bedroom door closed, also the bathroom doors and office door so that when I'm not home he only has access to the living room and kitchen. Also so he can't get into too much trouble. So far he hasn't done too much. He only has tried to chew one of my shoes, but I caught him and reprimanded him before any damage was done. Another time he also used my dirty sock as a toy. I didn't really care too much about that, but I reprimanded him anyway because I don't want him learning bad habits.

"Bye Indy. Be a good boy." I say scratching him behind the ear and then walking out of my apartment, eating my bagel as a walk.

I don't work at the control room much anymore. Only sometimes I'll take a night shift if they can't get anyone to cover it. Plus, I really enjoy being there. It's the only job other than an initiation instructor that I've had, and they might as well be family there. We all act like immature brothers all day, and I just can't give that up for a leader.

I work in the main building of Dauntless which is a little ways past the Chasm. It's by the second train stop to get into dauntless. The first one is the one we use during initiation; where you jump off the building to get into the compound. Then there's a second stop about a one minute train ride after that one which is just a platform and involves no jumping off a building. We just do that as a test for initiation, but if everyone going in and out of the compound, well that would just become a major nusance, so theirs this one that just about the whole compound uses.

If you jumped off the train at the second stop, you would continue to go straight to get to the main building, but you would take your first left to go to the Chasm, the Pit, and everything else down in the compound. It's on the far end of the compound, but only like a five or six minute walk from my apartment. Not much longer than the walk to the Control Room from my apartment which is only three or four minutes.

By the time I get to the main building, I'm just finishing my bagel. The one thing that I hate about the Main Building is that it's always busy with people coming and going. Unlike the control room where it's just about quiet all the time... Well except for in between shifts, then we are always messing around, setting pranks, and anything along those lines. Meanwhile there there's people going in and out constantly, always people talking business stuff, leader stuff, everything that's wrong with the faction etc. This morning though, it's extra busy for some reason and I can't help not wondering why.

There's a main desk where the secretary, Hannah sits doing paperwork and directing people all day. She's a very nice lady, probably in her mid to late fifties and is always an easy person to keep conversation with on those slow, long, boring days when barely no one is here. She transfered from Amity thirty something years ago and found out that she was Divergent. Now she's here. There's just about no people that work in any of the main buildings throughout Chicago that aren't Divergent. It's just how it works now.

I see that she is super busy and her phone just won't stop ringing. I speed walk, almost run through the people and try to find someone that knows what the hell is going on. I think about looking into the head leader of Dauntless, Josh's office and see if he's busy, and I'm sure he is.

Josh is a great guy. He is three years older than me and is so easy going but strict when he needs to be. Perfect person to lead this faction in my decision. I've had some great conversations with him, and being Divergent for both Dauntless and Erudite, he isn't as stupid like many of the people in this faction; he has common sence.

I give up looking and go into my office. It's small, but not too small. On the door it has

Four
Leader

I'm considered a leader even though I really don't do much. I just work alongside Josh and the five other Divergent leaders in Dauntless like me. We really aren't leading Dauntless, we're just part of the Divergent group that leads Chicago.

I've actually had a job recently. I've been trying to get leaders, people in the Control Room and some of the people by the fence together to work with this project that some Erudites has been working on outside the fence. Something that could threaten the city, so they wanted some soldiers, and the people in ten control room to have some other opinions on computers and cameras, and the leaders to approve it. I haven't met the Erudites that are leading the whole thing, but that's what I've been working on.

"Four! When did you show up? Never mind that. Get in my office, now!" Josh yells in a panicked tone.

What did I do? What's happening? What's going on in this building?

These thoughts wrack my brain as I rush toward Josh's office. All of the other leaders from Dauntless are already here and I see that he has the TV on in his room turned to the news channel that Erudite sends out to the city.

There's just one strange thing...

Josh never turns on that TV.

Ever.

A/N-

Hi humans!

I got so many requests to update that I decided that I would for you all.

Think of it as an early holiday gift!

Why do you think the TV on in Josh's office? Also, why is it on when it's almost never used?

It's snowing out and I'm hoping for a delay in the morning. If there's no school, than I'll try to update again tomorrow!

1.6 reads!!

That's all I have to say!

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4