𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

'Where am I? I'm sure I went home last night and-'

Tsuki woke up from his rather long slumber with a heavy body and blurry vision, his arm numb as it was weighed down by the snoring girl next to him. With wide eyes, he tried to tug his arm back only for her to groan and hold it tighter. His face softened into a small smile, gently poking her cheek as she mumbled in her sleep. Their little moment ended abruptly by Tadashi swinging the door open.

"Goooood morning! I see you both slept well, you are lucky it's late practice today or you'd have missed it." He spoke in a sing-song voice as his eyes travelled to the still sleeping girl. With a soft smile to his childhood friend, he left the room as Lily began to stir. "Finally, you've made my arm go numb." He chuckled, poking at her cheek again as she gently slapped his hand. "Tsuki why must you be so mean?" She rubbed her eyes letting out a soft sigh as he turned to her. "Hey, you can uhh call me Kei if you want..." The boy was flustered by asking her to do such a thing. It was a well-known thing in Japan that if people are on a first-name basis they could potentially be an item. Lily tilted her head, confused by his flustered state."Sure! Makes life a lot easier cause of your long ass surname." 

"Hey!" 

The two finally separated to get ready for practice. it was a rather nice day and Lily was feeling exceptionally feminine and flouncy so she decided to wear a milkmaid style dress, pale yellow in colour pairing it with white pumps. Pushing her hair out of her face with a thin black hairband, she left her room to join the boys. "Ready to go?" They both looked at her with wide eyes, Tadashi smiled at his friend's expression; all he could think about was how pretty she was, like a little ray of sunshine that always managed to break through his grey clouds. 

Quickly arriving at the gym Lily disappeared with Kiyoko and Yachi as she began gushing over her date with Tadashi. "It was so cute! We shared popcorn and he won me a little bear on the claw machine. What did you two do?" 

"Eh, I had to convince Noya and Tanaka to not patrol my house for 'attackers'."

"Kei came over while you two were on your date, he beat me at Mario Kart which I'm still pissed about," Lily spoke, keeping her eyes on the bottle she was filling as the two girls exchanged looks. "So you are finally on first-name basis huh? When did he ask you?" Lily twisted the cap on the yellow water bottle, putting it on the floor to do the next one. "Ask me what?"

"Ask you to you know, be official? Together?" 

Her eyes widened as the empty bottle fell from her hands; the two girls looking at her confused as Yachi fumbled around for the bottle. "You do know that's a big thing over here right? Usually, only couples do that." Lily turned on her heel, entering the main gym. Luckily they were all still stretching and chatting as Lily rushed over to the tall blonde, dragging him to the side. 

"You know when you told me to call you Kei instead, was that your way of asking me out?" The boy looked down at her, his mouth falling open as he tried to gather his words. "I- uhh well I  don't know, not that I don't want to! I just wasn't sure if that's what you wanted."

"Well, I wouldn't mind... is it what you want." 

"I mean, kinda..." 

"O-h okay then.." 

...

...

...

"So are you gonna ask me?" 

"I thought I already did!" 

"No, you gotta do it properly or it's not romantic, dummy!" The two stood bickering as usual as the team started taking notice of their conversation. Noya and Tanaka laughing to each other as Suga tried to quiet them down. "Okay then, do you want to uhh be official... or whatever?" His voice turned into a faint whisper, his eyes anywhere but on her as he waited for her response. Despite her practically telling him to say it he still thought she'd say no. "Yes of course!" She hugged him tightly, smiling as faint claps filled the gym. "I-i mean sure, it's not a big deal if we do that.."

After their awkward display of affection, practice started quickly as they prepared for the Spring High Tournament. The team was in fairly high spirits so practice finished fairly quickly and the boys spoke of spending some time together later that day. 

"So how about we get dinner?" Suga said as he grabbed his bag swinging it over his shoulder.

"Nahhh, dinners boring, I wanna go bowling!" Noya fist-pumped the air as Tanaka nodded frantically at his sidekicks idea. With a sigh, the third years agreed before turning to the troublesome first years. "You guys in?" Kageyama and Hinta bounced with excitement, well Hinata did Kageyama just showed a little more emotion than usual. 

"I think I'm gonna have to pass." Tsuki pushed his glasses up, swinging his bag over his shoulder he approached the little rya of sunshine before him. "So uhh, do you wanna maybe do something?" Lily looked behind him at the over-exaggerated nodding of the team; especially the third years. "Sure! can we go to the arcade?" He nodded as they quickly left. Lily waved to Yachi and Kiyoko as the rest of the Karasuno team formed a huddle. 

"Operation 'Gloomy giraffe and little sunray' shall commence. Karasunooo, Spy!"