𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

A week later it was their first practise game with Aobajohsai and everyone was in high spirits. Kageyama and Hinata proudly show off their new black jackets and the news of Kageyama having to be the setter the whole game seemed to make him more focused and determined.

They all boarded the bus, pushing and shoving to sit at the back as Tanaka shouted that 'only cool kids sit at the back' so naturally, everyone was eager. Tsuki rolled his eyes, letting out an irritated sigh at the stupid antics of his fellow teammates, taking a random seat by the window as Lily and Tadashi raced Hinata and Kayegama for the back.

"No fair!" Lily wined, folding her arms with a pout as Yamaguchi slipped into the last seat.

"Alright everyone sit down," Daichi shouted as chatter became quiet. Lily looked at her options; sitting alone or sitting by Tsuki. Easy choice. She wiggled into the seat opposite him, spreading her legs over the other seat as she was quite happy to sit alone. Plugging her headphones in with a soft sight, Tsuki shot her a quick glare keeping his usual stone-faced expression.

Tapping away on her phone she began typing to the moody blonde, giggling to herself as she did so.

'Oh what's wrong? Did you want me to sit by you?'

Hearing the soft pinging of his phone, she turned her head smiling to herself as she watched the scenery outside. Hearing an annoyed scoff, her phone vibrated as she felt his eyes on her. She ignored it for a while until he stopped glaring at her; slyly checking it with a laugh.

'Obviously not, I just find their childishness annoying; you included'

She glared at him with a pout as she typed before dropping and locking her phone for the remainder of the journey.

'what a stick in the mud you are.'

They soon enough arrived at their destination; Aobajohsai High School.

The team began to shuffle out of the bus, all looking around excited to be in a new location with an opportunity to showcase their skills. Hinata bounced along towards the gym followed by a shouting Kageyama and Yamaguchi; warning him he'd get lost and that they need to stay together.

Lily laughed at them, walking with the other female amongst the boys, Kiyoko. She was a quiet girl but would often give Lily pointers on where to sit to avoid the ball as well as exchanging in small talk. Followed behind were Tsuki and the older years; although he found Tanaka just as annoying as the other first years Suga and Daichi were calm and okay to talk to when he wanted to have a conversation that is.

Entering the gym the two teams bowed to one another as Karasuno helped set up for the game. Lily took her position on the bench with Kiyoko; taking her small bag of sweets again and peeling the wrapper off of a lollipop. Smiling at the sweet flavour her knees bounced happily.

"If you keep eating sweets like that your teeth will fall out," Tsuki grumbled placing his bag down next to her with a sigh. "How nice of you to care." Her voice was the same as she grabbed the tray of water bottles to fill, making her way towards the water fountain.

Tsuki grumbled as Tanaka laughed at him, he had witnessed the scene and enjoyed mocking the taller male. "Nice flirting you got there Tsuki, I am sure she feels really special."

His face began to heat up, a faint blush covering his cheeks just under his glasses. "Tch, Shut up Tanaka, Why would I flirt with her? She's just an airhead who isn't worth my time." What he said was mostly true, she was an airhead. The male continued to laugh at the beanpole before the game began.

The game wasn't going very well, to begin with; Hinata kept messing up and Kageyama wasn't exactly the most supportive and the gossip from the court was that their official setter hadn't even turned up yet.

Just as the Karasuno boys were turning things around, Aobajohsai's legendary setter appeared, Oikawa Toru. The gym began to roar with adoring fans as Oikawa made his first of many perfect serves. Tsuki couldn't properly receive it, striking anxiety within the Lily as she watched his struggle; it was odd for her to feel anything like this which only made her more anxious for the boy and for herself.

They ultimately ended up winning, shouts of victory filled the gym as Karasuno prepared to depart. Thanking the opposing school for the game, the boys began helping tidy up as a familiar face loomed over the brunette girl.

"Hey Lily, its been a while."

"Nice to see you Oikawa, your sets are as perfect as ever." Lily folded her arms, looking up at the dark-eyed boy, hearing him chuckle softly at her comment. "Oh, you flatter me, you are just as pretty as ever." He moved closer, wrapping his arm around her shoulder with a wide smile. Lily was no stranger to his flirtatious antics so it never seemed like a big deal to her, but to someone, it was quite a big deal but he wasn't sure why.

Tsuki watched the two and if looks could kill Oikawa would have been dead when he first approached her. Yamaguchi nudged his side, questioning his behaviour as he followed where he was looking. Tadashi sighed, laughing slightly. "Oikawa has never left her alone, he's always had a thing for her; she's always been one girl he can never get, drives him crazy."

'Yeah well, it's driving me crazy.' Tsuki shook his head at his thoughts, as he slowly approached the two. Oikawa's arms were still around her, moving closer to her by the second. "So, how about we get dinner sometime or see a movie?"

"Sure, how about I give you my number." Lily smiled, placing her hand out for his phone. Widening his eyes, the boy was ecstatic, placing his phone in her hand but he remained cool with his signature smirk on his face. Tapping her number in his phone Tsuki was now in front of the two. "Lily, come on." He glared at the other boy as Oikawa laughed.

"Lil, you didn't tell me you had a bodyguard."

"I don't," Lily muttered, looking past Tsuki at the Karasuno boys gathering together to say goodbye. Softly sliding from under Oikawa's heavy arms, she joined her team along with Tsuki who made sure to give one last glare before leaving.

Boarding back onto the bus Lily slipped in next to Tsuki, shoving her headphones in before he could say anything. Folding her arms she looked down at the floor, hearing an amused chuckle from beside her. "Are you okay? Oikawa's serves usually hurt a lot when not received properly." She muttered, not making eye contact with him.

"How nice of you to care." He mimicked her, keeping his eyes glued on the window but his ears began to redden. "I'm fine though."

"I-its not that I care, don't be stupid. I was more saying you should work on your receives." A faint blush formed on her cheeks as his hand gently pushed her head down onto his shoulder.

"Shut up and go to sleep."