𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

The second she reached the bottom of the stairs she slipped her headphones back in, sighing in relief to finally be reunited with them. God knows she needed it, there was far too much social interaction for her liking. As she fumbled around the kitchen, tapping her chin in thought her body swayed gently to the music; humming along as she began opening cupboards. 

Lily surveyed her options through a narrowed gaze; what was she supposed to take? Popcorn seemed a safe option and perhaps, some sweets but she knew she'd need something savory to take the edge off all that sweetness. In her contemplation, muffled footsteps became evident beneath the thumping bass but she assumed it was her mother with boxes so, for the time being, she ignored it.

Now, if she could just find some peanuts or something...

The blonde leaned against the kitchen wall, tilting his head to the side as he watched, taking in the clear struggle Lily was having. The tips of her fingers barely scraped the shelf of the overhead cabinet and she huffed in annoyance. It was quite embarrassing really, not only to witness but that she truly thought she could reach it if she tried hard enough. 

Each time she went up on her tip toes, the blonde had to bite back a laugh as she slumped back down in defeat; though her efforts were commendable. Tsuki decided to put the poor girl out of her misery, after a good minute. With a reluctant sigh, he reached over her dwarfed form effortlessly, and with a small push, the packet tumbled down from its 'unreachable height' and effectively smacked the brunette on the head. 

"Hey!" The girl winced, her nose crinkling as she rubbed her forehead. Her body turned quickly, twisting to the side as their eyes met for the second time this evening and she once again, shot him a glare, a glare that did not seem to not bother or bristle the blonde who simply stared back with a blank expression. 

"You know, when someone helps you, most people say thank you." The blonde leered down at her with a smile of innocence, that could do no wrong but Lily rolled her eyes in disgust. Clutching the bags to her chest and the small glass of water in hand, she barged past him slamming her shoulder into his side that elected a deserved gasp from the blonde.

"Yeah, thanks a million." 

She didn't even bother to remove her headphones as she rounded the stairs, leaving Tsuki alone and irritated with a searing pain just below his shoulder. Before he could formulate a retort, to chase the girl and belittle her further, a heavy set of footsteps thundered into the kitchen followed by an exasperated sigh. 

Catching her gaze, the woman smiled almost apologetically having witnessed the scene; her hair was dark, bordering on black with ebony chestnut curls. She bowed her head with a soft laugh as she stepped further into the space.

 "I'm sorry about her, she doesn't do well around new people, a bit of a wallflower." 

The strong accent clung to her words as her eyes trailed up the stairs, after the fleeting sigh of her daughter. Tsuki forced a smile waving his hand in dismissal of the apology. "It's fine, it must be difficult for her, moving schools and such." He spoke in his usual level tone, a monotone manner as his eyes fell on the bags in her hands.

Well, well, well.

 "Do you want me to take those up?" Lily's mother beamed, sighing in relief as her arms trembled from the weight, bowing at the waist in gratitude.