80【GRADUATION!】

Start from the beginning

The parents and some students couldn't help from being emotional at Toni's speech.

"Everyone knew me for being a reckless student, a gangster, a rockstar, or simply as the skateboard girl. I would like to apologize to the people I 'accidentally' hurt...that'll be the last time, guys..." She smiled at her victims as she glanced at their beloved Janitor Jinder, Johnny Gargano, Jordan Devlin, and his girls and more.

"DAMN RIGHT!" Jordan Devlin shouted in the background. They spotted Jinder crying in the corner.

"Let me share a story with you to illustrate. It happened before, I was so frustrated at my family for not giving me the freedom to go out and hang out with my friends. Then there was one time, I took my brother's motorcycle without permission. I don't even have a license, to begin with, and I just recklessly drive the vehicle. I was so scared when a car hit the motorcycle and the driver had the audacity to complain. The driver threatened to put me in jail but my family is the first one who immediately solved the problem. I got scolded nonstop and even grounded. And what's worst was, it caused me a broken leg and arm. I was admitted to the hospital and stay there for weeks. It was a very sad story."

Kay Lee Ray was caught yawning as she listens to Toni. Rhea Ripley started sobbing, then Adam Cole lends her a handkerchief. Rhea was hesitant at first, to accept it but she did.

"Do not worry about being number one, but worry about not giving your best. Every day is an opportunity to improve yourself. If you live by this virtue, the top-ranking will take care of itself." Toni shared as she took a glimpse of Johnny.

"Allow me to thank a few people who have, in one way or another, inspired and helped me become an inspiration to others.

"To my long-suffering, income sacrificing parents, whose only luxury is sending me and to my brother, who's alumni to this school, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I doubt if I would have been able to face the challenges if it were not for you. If the road to success is filled with parents pushing their children along, my parents would be at the finish line encouraging and waiting for me to cross it. Today, I pay tribute to them for being my pillars of strength, for always believing in me when others did not, for indoctrinating me with the virtue that excellence is a habit and not a goal. All I can tell them today is, Dad, Mom, I need a raise in my allowance. To all the dads and moms who have given me a ride, who have welcomed me into their homes, by choice or by force, who have allowed their children to be in my company, and who have given me words of advice and encouragement, thank you. You have enriched my life in more ways than one. To all the parents present today, if you see more sense of self-worth in your children today, you know it was worth every sacrifice to send your children to NXT University. Congratulations to you all."

Tommaso massaged his head as Johnny concernedly asked him, "What's wrong, bud?"

"I'm already starving. When will her speech end?" Tommaso pouted but Johnny just laughed at him.

"Here, I brought some snacks," Candice announced to the both of them.

"To my mentors, my sincerest gratitude for helping me become the person I never thought I could be. We just don't become competent individuals without a lot of different investments from a lot of people in the school community. The great teachers of this school have taught us how to be self-motivated active learners and productive analytical thinkers. I would like to mention all my past teachers but I know everyone wants me to finish my speech as quickly as possible. Nevertheless, indulge me as I mention a few: Mister Orton, Coach E, Teacher Ohno, Professor Eva, thank you for believing in my skills and talent and for giving me that little push every time I seemed to give up."

"OMG! I knew it! She likes Mister Orton as well!" Dakota frustratingly yelled as she stood up. Tegan pulled her down back on her seat.

"He's fifteen years older than you." Matt Riddle pointed out.