76【ARE YOU LISTENING?】

ARE YOU
LISTENING?

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

| All this happened, more or less. |

ADAM COLE's POINT OF VIEW

It's now Monday and I'm finally going to see the love of my life, Rhea.

But it seems that luck isn't on my side as Rhea kept giving me the cold shoulder. What did I do?

"Rhea, let's eat lunch toge---"

"Sorry, I'm eating with my friends,"

When it's vacant,

"Rhea, can I ta---"

"I'm busy playing my games,"

"But this won't take lo---"

"Didn't you hear me? I'm busy. I've never disturbed you whenever you're playing games so I hope you do the same thing for me,"

What happened? I'm sure that I didn't do anything wrong.

I followed her at the school's garden as she sits on the bench.

"Sit here," She said making me nodded my head.

"So, Rhea. What's wrong with you? Are you feeling sick? Did something happen at home?"

"I couldn't take this anymore,"

My heart suddenly stopped beating.

RHEA RIPLEY's POINT OF VIEW

♫ Hey now, are you listening? ♫

"Rhea..."

"Sometimes, I'm scared at what I'm feeling Adam. This isn't right...this isn't supposed to be like this in the first place."

"I don't understand..."

"You...you were the first person who treated me with so much kindness and care. Your attention was so pure, your life is like a sun. Always chasing all of the rain away and make my day brighter than ever...you're the perfect one everyone could dream of..."

"Rhea, I..."

"Sssh! I'm not done yet," I shushed as I continue what I'm saying.

"All those words you told me, I believed in that. I will always remember how much you love me and treasured me...But you know every fairy tale book has its ending...this is reality, it's not always an 'and they lived happily ever after' ending. After that night, I noticed how selfish I become because of you."

I glanced at his eyes, full of questions, and a little bit of sympathy?

"I...I'm so ashamed of myself. When I looked at the mirror, all I saw was a woman who's unworthy of someone's pure love. I don't deserve someone like you...You deserved someone better, Adam Cole." I heavily sighed as I gripped on my pants.

"Rhea! You're not selfish!" He interjected but I shook my head.

"I am because this whole thing happened because of me. I can't believe I hurt not just one, not two, not three, but four people including you."

I remembered Toni and all she can talk about is Adam Cole. I remembered Shayna as she stared at him with pure adoration. I remembered Shotzi who's mad because she can't afford to see her loved ones hurt. And then there's this man who does nothing but loves me.

Your one mistake Adam...

Meeting me, falling for me, loving me...

"Rhea, I don't understand why you were saying this but no matter what happens, my feelings for you will never change."

That's laughable.

"Even if... I toyed with your feelings? Even if this entire thing was my plan for you not to fell for the person I cared the most?"

"Rhea...what do you mean?"

"You want the truth Adam Cole, then you'll get the truth. I used you...I don't love you, I don't think that I can. I did it to protect my friend, to protect her innocence, to protect her from falling for someone like you who does nothing but to hurt others physically. You're not serious enough, don't have any plans in the future, and only think about yourself...that's what my first impression on you..."

"But karma fucking hits me, because the moment that I tried this plan, I thought...I thought that I will succeed. That's the biggest karma of my life. Never thought, that I'll be the one putting myself in danger. I never thought that my first impression of you was all nothing but a mere impression. I just wished you were a jerk but you're not. And I hate myself from putting you up to this mess."

"I knew that you won't forgive me, hell I don't deserve forgiveness. But, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry...I just couldn't take this lie anymore...I felt guilty..."

I don't have the courage to face this man, I knew how deep the scar that I gave to him. He deserves the best in the world. He deserves someone who'll return those feelings. Not someone like me who took advantage of that.

I stood up since Adam's not saying a word and left him there. I'll give him time to process what I've said to him. All this façade that I started has finally come to an end.

I finally told him the truth and yet my chest won't lighten. As a matter of fact, the butterflies on my stomach died and tears rolled from my eyes.

I will love you, till they take my heart away. ♫

end of chapter seventy-six

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

don't forget to vote and comment!
toodles! ♥