Chapter 37 - Speak the Truth

"I don't know what he said or what he told her, Kevin," Robyn somewhat groused while repeating herself for what felt like the hundredth time.

They were in Dean's living room: Robyn, Kevin, Iris, Valentina, Maleek and about five other individuals Robyn had never met. They consisted of two women and three men and everyone seemed to be preoccupied with the preparation for whatever plan they were concocting.

Two days passed. Two very, very long days. Probably the longest forty-eight hours of all their lives to be quite honest.

"The girl clearly doesn't know anymore than we do, quit pestering her about it," Valentina commanded Kevin after exhaling the cancerous smoke of her cigarette. "If she knew anything more she would tell us, right Robyn?"

Standing beside a seated and quiet, very quiet, Iris, Robyn nodded with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I know that, I just want to know if she might've remembered anything. Just anything."

"I told you everything that I know," the missing man's girlfriend declared defeatedly.

When she had called Tyler some days ago, upon hearing the 'news,' he spilled all the beans; they were both taken aback to say the least. If Robyn had known his mother was an official agent of the FBI, she would not have asked him those hypothetical questions regarding Dean and his past affairs.

She regretted it, more than anything.

"We're wasting time, we should be kicking down Oaks' door right fucking now." Maleek announced as he paced around the living room, angry and exhausted, just like everyone else in the room. Maybe not Valentina, she seemed to be doing fine. "We know he's responsible for this shit!"

Agreeing, Kevin reached for the glock he had tucked away on the side of his pants and checked his rounds, prompting Maleek to do the same on his side of the room.

"I can have three SUV's worth of guys here in less than 30 minutes."

"What have I gotten myself into.." Robyn thought with her eyes stuck on the small though, heavy looking weapons.

"You men aren't going to do anything stupid. Especially nothing that'll spark a whole gang war around here," Valentina declared while putting out her cigarette in the nearest ashtray. "You are going to stay put until I say so."

"But-"

"I'm sure I didn't stutter." She spoke with much poise after cutting her eyes at Maleek who she interrupted.

There were no objections.

Everyone in the room appeared to have understood.

Once she stood to her feet, her sights landed on Iris who appeared to have been stuck in a daydream since the news of her brother's kidnapping, before landing on her nephew's girlfriend.

"Come with me."

Allowing Robyn the chance to obtain a proper breather, the bright-eyed women found themselves in the hallway where Valentina had her designer purse, trench coat and sunglasses in hand. She appeared to have been gearing up to leave.