Chapter 30 - First Day Back..Gone Wrong

"I'm parked in the back, I'm going to the front in two," Dean informed Kevin on his end of the line. "I don't know what he might have up his sleeve."

He soundlessly tapped on the steering wheel, awaiting for more minutes to pass.

"He is one for tricks but you don't think Oaks would.."

"I haven't seen this man who I once considered a father figure in years..if he's as bad as before, I have no idea what he's capable of now."

Kevin knew of the man, but had never actually formally met him face to face.

His work ethics were things that made immense gossip in their hometown, especially because when building a case against him in court, the evidence always seemed to dissolve/disappear which guaranteed his freedom.

"Bro you sure you don't want me there for backup?" he asked somewhat uncomfortable with Dean's plan to charge at the enemy alone.

"Thank you, but I'm a hundred percent sure. Besides, I've just pulled in front already so I'm about to head insi-"

He paused abruptly.

"What??"

"Robyn's car. It's parked here."

He had parked his car not far away from his newfound discovery. He was already scoping the recognizable vehicles insides.

"How do you know it's hers?"

"She has a white beamer with a black license plate, plus I'm looking inside, all her usual things are there," he reflected briefly, "it's her first day back at work..she-"

Indicating he received a text, his phone vibrated prompting him to bring it down from his ear and check.

**Unknown: It is rude to keep a girl waiting.

He looked between his phone, her car, and the restaurant, slowly comprehending the encrypted message.

In the matter of seconds, Dean ended his call and sprinted in the direction of the logement.

He did not want to worry himself, however Oaks was not the type where you took his jokes lightly.

"Welcome to The Zedd, how may I help you today?" the hostess greeted him politely, at the entrance, once he emerged from the double doors.

"Has a Robyn Desmond been seated? Slim girl, emerald, hazel coloured eyes, black hair?"

"Do you have a reservation with her this afternoon?"

"Yes," he lied convincingly.

"Reservations for a Robyn Desmond," she looked through a long list of names until she reached her pick, "were for around thirty minutes ago. A table for three, was it?"

"I believe so."

He tried his best to suppress his anger at whatever games Oaks was trying to play with Robyn.

He had always set some boundaries, though by the looks of it Oaks was not planning on respecting them this time around.