Chapter 4 - Distraction (1)

THREE WEEKS LATER

"Yes we've met for lunch and dinner FOR WORK since he can't seem to narrow down his choices

"Yes we've met for lunch and dinner FOR WORK since he can't seem to narrow down his choices. I have yet another meeting with him tomorrow afternoon. I don't remember- Um I don't know? Maybe around ten times? I haven't kept track- Well I mean he's okay. A very indecisive man though, he definitely fights hard for what he wants. He's also quite a flirt, i'll say that much- Haha Harley, you're hilarious. No I haven't jump his bones jeez- Talking about boys, how's yours?- Really? He definitely wa- Hold on I'm getting another call, I'll call you tomorrow- Yeah okay bye."

Immediately upon arrival, Robyn kicked off her pumps and plopped herself down on her comfortable couch. Her condo was dim, from the sun setting, and quiet just how she preferred it. She was ready to take a hot bath but of course someone had to disrupt her plans.

"Hello?" she yawned.

"Robyn, my baby. How have you been?" on the other end of the line, her mother spoke with a soft, caring voice.

They haven't seen each other in months ever since her parents messy divorce. After the settlement, she decided to move back suddenly to their native country, therefore Robyn appreciated their small talks here and there.

"I'm good, just got home. How about you?"

"I'm fine. How's work?.. How's your father?"

"Mom.." she sighed once she entered the bathroom.

"With your rudeness and stubbornness I'm sure you're giving him a hard time-"

"He deserves it," Robyn spoke so bluntly in such her mother couldn't seem to find a reason to disagree.

"Have you talked with your brother?" The innocence in her voice sometimes forbade Robyn from getting irritated with these types of questions that she was sure her mother knew the answers to.

"No..not really. The last time we talked was probably about two or three months ago. You already know this since I told you the last time you asked." Robyn shimmied her way out of her form fitted clothing and into the warm bath she ran all while the conversation went on.

"He misses you. He won't admit it because just you like you, he's strong minded and sticks by his words even though he doesn't mean them most of the time-"

"Arion moved to Miami on his own. If he has something to say, he can pickup his phone and call. My number's been the same so please, don't make excuses for him." She needed to relax herself with all the stress at work along with these unwanted family issues and this nonsense isn't helping her current situation. "Look, I have to go. I'll call you sometime this week."