Chapter 22 - Falling In Order

Taking a quick breather after succeeding in escaping her mother, Robyn made her way to the upstairs balcony with her glass of wine in hand. Shutting the glass door behind her, she wondered where Dean could be.

Feeling the cool breeze over the railing, her eyes wondered on the figures moving around down below in the backyard.

From behind, a recognizable firm arm slipped around her waist during the time the intruder pecked behind her ear. "You've got a beauty mark right here. There's a couple on your back, some on your stomach, your collarbone" he pecked the same area once more, "and thighs. I'm determined in finding them all."

"I was just thinking about you," she grinned, "and that is going to take you awhile. You'll have to explore me entirely."

"That I can do."

"Wait, when did you get here? More importantly, how'd you make it up here??" she inquired once she backed off the railing and faced him.

Reaching for her glass, he gave her cup a quick swirl under his nose. "Did you drive here?"

"Yeah I did, but answer my quest-"

"Robyn definitely does like her drinks every once in awhile, and that's a fact," a female voice interjected causing Robyn eyes to roll upon learning her identity, "Anyways lovebirds, food is about to be served. Come down when you're ready." Yasmine announced with her eleven months old son set on her hip before leaving them alone.

"Oh come on, don't look at me like that. I don't drink that much," she justified as they skedaddled back into the large home, "but really, how?"

"You're uncle let me in since you weren't answering my calls, really nice guy by the way."

"I left my phone in my coat," she remembered just as they made their way down the flight of stairs, her hand linked to his.

"He introduced me to your mom, she's the one who told me where you went. You are the perfect mixture of your parents, that's fascinating," he complimented on a semi baffled note. She failed to realize that his adorable reaction was based on the fact that he could hardly remember what his very own father looked like.

"My mom?? Fuck what'd she sayy?"

"That I thought I raised you with manners," Leona scolded. Her oddly overwhelming voice boomed from behind them.

"Mom you swear more than me, cut the bull," she rolled her eyes, "you've met Dean I heard?" Robyn shyly unlaced their fingers.

"Briefly. We, I want to know more on my daughter's companion. Please, follow me into the dinning room."

•   •   •

"You mean to tell me that you singlehandedly pushed the car back to the dealership?? That must have definitely been a ride," Dean chuckled whilst letting his white teeth show. All the men present laughed as they stood in the spacious living room around the mini bar, most of them partially drunk.

"The customer was so angry about the car breaking down, mind we took a different route so I had no clue where we were, she let me push for a good fifteen minutes until she hopped out the passenger's seat and helped! God I was so embarrassed," Antoine, who owns the wealthy "Calvin's Dealership" car dealership, explained, "when we got back, she called me an asshole and threatened to sue me for apparently endangering her! That day I vowed to always double check my cars personally." He had told this failed test drive story over a hundred times, and it still managed to crack him up every time.