Chapter 15 - Don't Get It Twisted

AFTERNOON OF YACHT PARTY
"The man that dropped off the box is here again."
Quickly switching from the 'Dean' most knew, into the collected but ruthless 'Kings', he waved for Asia to let his unannounced visitor enter his home office.
"What do i owe this pleasure-" "My men are outside so let's cut the bullshit. You said you'd send me over the docs like two days ago. What's holdin' you up?"
Exhaling by his nose with a blank expression, Dean slouched back in his chair comfortably letting the angered man vent.
"Excuse me for the delay Matthew. I will make sure my assistant does as she is told next time. The documents will be sent over by the end of day" "I don't know what game you're playing but let it be on the record what our deal was. You give me the papers for the empty space and i won't let Robyn in on the little incident regarding L.A."
The arrogance this man demonstrated couldn't be matched by anyone except himself. It was acceptable for now having that he didn't know what he was to expect... No one, blackmailed, threatened or messed with Mr. Kingsley's income and Matthew out of everyone should know that little fact. They've never been on the same page after all these years of acknowledging the others existence, therefore those rumours of how he managed his businesses and double crossers shouldn't be a surprise. 
"Do tell me, what is it you want with it? Like you said, it's nothing but an empty space-"
"Worry about if i change my mind on speaking with Robyn about the shooting. The girl has major trust issues, think she'll trust you after that?"
With his index finger on his philtrum and his thumb under the tip of his chin, he hid his masked smirk as he motioned his opposite hand in the door's direction.
"I think the door is calling your name" "Get me those papers Kingsley, i'm not the patient type."

•   •   •

NEXT DAY - PRESENT TIME
"He took the bait, like i said he would."
Dean announced filled with amusement in his tone as he unlocked the doors of the warehouse.
"Someone had too."
Kevin shrugged at the same time both men entered the vast space, bringing along with them a heavy cardboard box each.
"I'm certain he thought i'd make it into my next club-" "So he tried to snatch it away from you before you could officially mark your new territory" "Exactly. That's why this warehouse is where it's at. This is my introduction to New York City."

His plan's execution was priceless, exactly like he had wanted. With the mention of a target on his back in this town, Dean had to pull some strings and push some buttons. All businessmen do is protect and promote whatever they have going on, they don't care for others and they will willingly walk over their competition if needed. Dean was in a jungle where they all had to fight for their survival therefore, he made sure most knew about his interest in that worthless property without letting them know about the warehouse.
How? With the help of Kevin Laughton of course. His trustworthy mate, can spread quite the 'right' rumours to his contacts, who later on would've proceeded to do the same thing.
As expected.
On the sidelines, Dean let it be, let everything play out for itself. Just like at the most recent outing, he let them speak, whisper, eye him and more since they were oblivious to his real intentions.
He taught Dean very well.

"Now that MK has the people thinking he played you, that noose they imagined around your neck has loosened-" "For now. Don't get too comfortable, we still have work to accomplish here."

After putting order around his soon to be new office and setting it up as nicely as possible, Kevin sprawled over the newly placed leather couch while Dean stood watching the exterior from the window.
"He had a reason to try n' cross me, Robyn" "Robyn? She used to ride with him huh? Forgot that" "MK's misplaced confidence and bitterness has always toyed with his affairs."
He shook his head feeling more embarrassed than saddened for the arrogant fool.
"What makes you think that he won't break his end of the deal after tonight? Being that he's most likely going to visit the spot and be warned about the infestations, the money he'll need for repairs."
Curiosity radiated off of Kevin's tone and face while he removed his sights from his cellphone and onto his longtime friend who had a malicious grin.
"A deal is a deal. If he hadn't demanded it from me and actually taken the time to inspect the place he would've seen it himself. Only a dumbass like him would've fallen for that weak trap. I mean, i could've done better than that," He threw his hands in the air in a joking matter while pondering on the easy success of it all..maybe too easy...
"If he has an issue, i'll handle him myself."
Dean's main focus at the moment was getting this warehouse in shape. He had in between a month and two weeks to get everything together and he meant to do just that, without interruptions. The only one he'd be willing to accept was of a slender, hazel eyed, stunning, brutally honest woman he took interest too. She had called him in the morning asking if he could come by before she headed to work but he couldn't since he had work of his own to handle. She sounded as if she had lots to say therefore, he made a mental note earlier to pop up at her home the following day.
Dean just hoped that she didn't have those same questions she did the previous night..questions that he knew he couldn't provide an exact answer..not right now that is.