Night 6 and a nice Saturday

"C'mon, I can do this. Next week the holidays start, and we got Halloween. I can do this", Maran whispered to themself, trying to motivate themselves for the very obvious case that William was going to show up.

This time, there was no phone call. The kid almost missed the annoying ringing and greeting, but not for long. Just minutes later, the animatronics were out and about.

Maran couldn't pay attention to anything else then the cameras, doors and to somehow manage everything with the power. They didn't even have time to joke around a bit.

The robots seemed angry, the first time Foxy crashed into the door Maran was sure he'd break it. Chica was louder too, Bonnie just suddenly appeared for seconds, giving Maran close to no chance of closing the door. Freddy was just running around, he seemed to be the least threatening one for now. Maran had the feeling he was waiting for something.

And yet, somehow they managed it. The alarm sounded at 6 am, like every day. As they put the tablet down, they had never felt so tired. The night had felt longer than the ones prior, even though Maran knew they had been here for the same time as the rest of the week.

Clapping sounded behind them, slow and sarcastic. It startled the kid and they jumped up. They got mad at themself again, this time for being so jumpy all the time. Spinning around, they saw the purple guy again.

He stopped clapping and Maran had a new chance to look at him in the silence that followed. He somewhat looked like he was fading, as tall and thin as he was. And he was actually wearing the exact same clothes Maran had painted him in.

"I thought they were going to get you for sure", he admitted after a while,"but apparently you really want to go trick-or-treating."

His grin was the same as always, cold and wicked. But he didn't seem as angry today.

"You've been here since midnight", the kid whispered. Of course he was, how could they not have noticed that. They felt dumb, but at the same time knew that it wasn't their fault.

William gave another wicked smile, then said:"I thought you'd never notice me!" His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

The kid sighed and stood up. "My shift is over, I'm done for the week", they declared. They sounded tired, every cut and mark he had left seemed to ache.

"That doesn't mean I won't keep an eye on you. But if you're smart, you won't see me until Monday", William explained. He didn't seem faced by Maran today. Overall, he seemed to be more relaxed. Maybe he had gotten a reasonable amount of sleep, Maran thought.

"Bye", Maran said coldly and left. They didn't want to bring down his new-found spirits, but at the same time were too tired to care.

They unlocked the door for Mike and Christen to greet them.

"Christen told me everything, are you ok?", Mike asked, his warm voice filled with worry. It was such a heavy contrast to Williams voice, that the kid was confused for a moment.

Maran nodded and replied:"Yeah thanks. See you on Monday, I'll get to bed now."

Mike and Christen said bye and wished them a Good Night. Maran walked back to the flat at a fast pace. They changed back into their pyjamas and fell asleep almost immediately.

They woke up again a few hours later. Emem was standing in the kitchen making waffles. She greeted Maran with a wide grin.

"Look at this", she said, handing them a letter. Maran read it twice, then looked at Emem with wide eyes.

"We're going to court", they said. Emem nodded and explained:"After the way Castim acted the day before yesterday, they decided to look a bit more into it. They found out about all the missing hours at school that were never excused. Cecile also told them quite a bit. And we're going against the two on the 2nd of November!"

Marans gaze went from their best friend to the letter and back. Then they yelled:"Fuck yeah!"

They talked about it whilst eating the waffles. Maran was impressed by Emem's baking skills ever since they were eleven years old. That's when Emem backed her first ever cake, for Marans birthday.

The kid knew no one who made waffles close to this good. They were soft and fluffy, not hard to chew and went with every topping the two had tried until now. They were going to make many more odd but great mixes with waffles. It had always been Emem's dream to be a chef for pastries. And Maran supported her in every way they could.