Mondays are great

Half an hour later, the clock hit 6 am. Checking through the cameras one last time, Maran saw that the animatronics had returned to the stage and weren't moving anymore.

The kid changed the shirt to the shirt and jacket they had worn whilst leaving the house. They didn't switch their pants though, because the blue cotton pants were a lot more comfortable than the black skinny jeans they had pulled out of the closet.

Maran packed both plushies into their backpack. They were sure that the Bunny belonged to the purple guy and decided they were going to give it back when they saw him the next time.

The cut on their arm had stopped bleeding and so they didn't bother to ask the people from the morning shift for band aids.

Without even considering going back to the flat, the kid immediately went on their way to school. With the bus the way would have been just twenty minutes, but Maran was early and decided to walk.

At exactly 7:15 am the kid walked into the building. They went straight to the lockers and put their backpack inside. Then they took out a binder and T-shirt and went to the restrooms.

Maran knew that their mother still loved Castim, even though he didn't treat her too well. So they somewhat knew that at one point he'd probably come back. They prepared for that and kept a few spare clothes at school and at their friend's place.

After changing, the kid went to their classroom. It was still early, and they were the first to show up. But at exactly 7:30, their best friend showed up.

Emem was a tall and pretty girl. She was the stereotypical it-girl: tall, slim, blonde, make-up and short clothes. Emem liked it that way, she'd never change anything about that. Despite her looks, she didn't care about anyone else's opinion. She looked stunning because she wanted to, not to please anyone. Emem was always fun to be around, and she and Maran always came up with the dumbest ideas.

It also was her idea, that Maran could keep spare clothing at her place. She set that up right after Castim left. Emem never trusted him with anything, and so when Maran told her their secret, she promised to always help and protect them. That was when both of them were fourteen years old.

"Good Morning Royalty!", she yelled through the whole class whilst entering it. Maran managed a smile and stood up to hug her.

"Good Morning Queen", they replied.

Emem looked them up and down and then asked:"You look terrible Maran. What happened?"

And so, Maran told her. Maran told her about the whole weekend and their first night on the job. Emem's smile slowly faded, she looked angry.

When Maran finished, she said:"So that's why you didn't answer the phone."

Maran nodded. Tears filled their eyes once again. In the meantime, most of the other students showed up. But no one paid attention to the two people in the first row. Maran sat right at the window, Emem had the spot right next to them.

The girl asked:"Do you want me to come with you after school?"
Maran nooded and then hugged her tightly.

The few hours at school were uneventful. Emem took care, so that Maran wouldn't get into trouble and had a chance to heal a bit.

After school, which ended at half past two, Maran changed back out of the binder. Emem, who had clothing a size bigger than their own, gave them her sports shirt, which had a wide cut. Then the two went to the bus stop and on their way to Marans parents.

As they went inside the flat, they were greeted by Castim.

"Where were you in the morning?", he asked, without even noticing that Emem had come along. His voice was cold.

"I went to school", Maran stuttered. Their voice was shaking, and they felt themselves at the edge of crying again.

"Yes, actually", Emem jumped in," we were just leaving again. Just getting Marans things."

Castim now looked at her with the same cold eyes that had just peered through Maran. But the girl didn't look away, she didn't even flinch.

"She's not leaving", he demanded

"Well great", said Emem,"I only see Maran here. Go get your stuff, we'll have a nice chat."

Emem held of Castim so Maran could go to their room. They didn't pick up anything from there except for their phones charger.

Castim didn't seem eager to get into a fight with Emem and so he just let them collect a few things. Maran went into their parents' bedroom and picked up a few of their clothes that layed there and their phone.

As the friends left again, Destim shouted:"You can be glad we didn't throw all your things into the trash right away!"

A few minutes later, they were at Emem's apartment. The girl already lived on her own and so it was ok for Maran to just come along.

The kid almost immediately changed when they entered the flat.

"I want to burn these damn clothes", they said frustrated.

Emem didn't react to the statement but took a closer look at the cut in Marans arm.

"That looks terrible", she remarked. Then she asked:"Do you want me to wash your uniform?"

Maran sighed and nodded:"Yes please, the sleeve is full of blood."

"I don't get it, who'd go that far for a prank?", the girl stated, anger flashing in her eyes.

Maran sat onto the sofa and said:"I don't care. But I need to sleep for today's shift."

The girl took the shirt out of their hands and said:"You do that, I'll put this on the table. Sleep well!"

"Good Night", Maran mumbled. They had put the Bunny on the floor next to the sofa and were hugging the bear tightly. Whilst they were changing, Emem had put out bedsheets for them. And so they fell asleep.