Night 5

Maran woke up before their alarm went off. They were well rested and ready for the shift. Unless William showed up again.

They knew that they weren't strong enough to take him on themselves, but the kid hoped that he'd just stay away. But other than being anxious about that, they felt great. Their body didn't ache as bad anymore and they had a good fourteen hours of sleep.

They woke up an hour early and ate an apple whilst logging into Emem's laptop to see if they'd missed any messages on Instagram, Twitter or Tumblr. Of course there was nothing, but it felt nice to be online again.

Maran put the laptop away, as soon as it was 11 pm. They took a quick shower and brushed their teeth. In the bathroom there was a new uniform with a note from Emem that read: In case you're going to work. Take care Royalty!

The note made Maran smile and they put it into the pocket on their shirt. Then the kid collected their keys and Goldie. They slid into their cloak and nearly ran to the pizza place.

They locked the door behind them and took a quick look through the place. For some reason, the kid couldn't stop smiling.

At exactly midnight they sat down and picked up the tablet whilst the phone rang. The phone guy congratulated them on making it this far.

The animatronics seemed as if they were reset, barely moving at all and coming close only three times in the first two hours.

The kid sat on the chair with their legs crossed, Goldie between them. They hadn't really taken off the cloak, but also weren't quite wearing it. It sat on their shoulders like a blanket and not a real piece of clothing. As they leaned over the tablet, they almost felt as if they were in bed looking at their phone.

As Foxy ran down the hall, Maran closed the door and checked the time. "3:30", they mumbled,"halfway through!"

They opened the door again, spun around, and closed the other door right in front of Chica.

"Are you enjoying yourself?", a cold voice asked from behind them. The kid was so startled that they fell out of the chair.

Standing up again, the kid backed off. William took two big steps and grabbed their arm. Maran tried to pull their arm out of his grip, but as he reached into his pocket they stood still.

"You were hoping I wouldn't show up today, didn't you?", he asked. The man's voice was cold and disinterested.

Maran cleared their throat and said:"Well, kinda. But I also somehow hoped you'd show up."

"You're lying", he growled, gripping the kids arm tighter. As they shook their head, he hissed:"Then you're crazy."

Maran shook their head and said:"Please let go of my arm."

The man starred at them for a while, then let go. Maran picked up Goldie and opened the door again. Then they sat down on the table, scooping the tablet into their lap.

William sat down in the chair. Maran watched his every move very closely.

"I was hoping we could talk", they confessed.

William groaned and growled:"Is this the part where you beg for your life? Because we can skip that, I'll kill you either way."

Shaking their head, Maran said:"I just want to understand why. You disappeared after killing a bunch of children. And now you start killing again?"

William nooded slowly, then coldly said:"You wouldn't understand a single word. You'd think I'm crazy."

"I already think so", the kid said. William pulled back his hand, as Maran raised theirs in surrender whilst continuing:"That sounds bad I know. But really what did you expect? You're treating me like a toy."

William grinned and replied:"You are one. You are my toy and I decide what happens to you." As if to prove his point, he swiftly picked a knife out of his pocket and cut through the fabric of Marans pants and the skin just above their knee.

The blood started pouring out almost immediately. It wasn't much but had a steady flow. Maran leaned sideways and closed the left door. A moment later, Foxy slammed into it, the sound almost drowned out Marans voice as they let out a small cry.

The man gave them a satisfied smile, whilst tears ran down the kid's cheeks.

Then Maran held up the Teddy, asking:"Whom does this remind you of?"

The purple guys smile froze and then shattered. Maran wasn't happy to hurt him, but they felt as if they had a right to know. William tried to snatch the plushy out of their hands, but Maran pulled back quickly enough.

"If you stop provoking me, you might get a chance to look up 'Chris Afton'", the man replied. His voice was filled with anger and pain.

Maran nodded and said:"I'm sorry for whatever happened."

Then, a sharp pain emerged from their left shoulder. William pulled the knife back again, causing blood to spill everywhere. Maran pressed their lips together and held their shoulder tightly.

"What did I just say?", William yelled, as more and more tears started to fall down Marans cheeks. He punched the switch that handled the right door, then pushed away from the desk, the old wheels of the chair scraping over the floor.

The kid dropped themselves off the table, stumbled and fell to the floor. William watched them pull out the first-aid kit once again. Then the kid pulled off the shirt with just one hand and fixed the bandages around their shoulder to the best of their abilities.

After that, they picked up their cloak from the floor. It had fallen down when they fell off the chair. Now the kid put it on instead of the now destroyed shirt.

They managed a strangled laugh and said:"Mike's gonna hate me. This was the third shirt in five days!"

"You should be concerned about other things", William preached. Then he shook his head. As he stood up, Maran took a step back, causing them to bump into the table.

The man gestured at the floor. "Down", he demanded. Maran sat down. William crouched down in front of them.

Maran stared up at him with wide eyes. They tried to crawl underneath the table, but William snatched their ankle and pulled them out again. A breathless scream fled the kids lips and their eyes teared up again. Their freshly wounded shoulder had hit the ground.

Purple guy grinned down at them and said:"Our meeting at the store wasn't a coincidence."

Maran whined and sat up again. "What is that supposed to mean?", they asked. William stood up.

"You'll find out", he said. Then he opened the right door again and left.

Maran sighed and leaned back. A few moments later, the alarm sounded, and they stood up. The kid picked up Goldie and without checking if they forgot anything left the office.