No school

As Maran unlocked the door for Nathalie and Christen, the two from the morning shift, they nearly fell over. Nathalie sent Christen to the kitchen for a glass of water and lead Maran to one of the tables so they could sit down.

She asked Maran what had happened, but Maran would just sit there, silent. As Christen came back with the water, he asked if he should help Maran get home. Maran took a sip of water.

"No thank you", they said, managing a wincing smile," it's not far."

"What happened?", Nathalie asked once again. The worry in her voice was growing, she looked distressed.

"I don't want to get you in trouble", Maran said as they stood up. "Thank you, I feel better. Emem is probably worried sick tho, I should get back", the kid said and left.

Whilst walking home, they suddenly felt as if they were being watched. Turning around, they saw William again.

"Wise decision kid", he remarked.

Maran rolled their eyes and turned around. They were nearly home, as they suddenly saw the man walking right next to them. Neither of them said a word, and as Maran rang Emem's bell and waited for her friend to open the door, William turned the next corner and was out of sight.

Marans head still hurt, and their mind was filled with thoughts. They nearly didn't hear the door buzzing, signalling that it could be opened now.

As the kid reached the second floor, they were seeing blurry again. Dark sport were dancing in front of their eyes. As they closed the door of Emem's flat behind them, their vision went black and their mind blank.

A few hours later, the kid shot up and nearly fell off the sofa. The first thing they clearly saw, was the table in front of them, with both plushies on it and a new note from Emem.

Maran needed a few minutes to read the note, their vision still was a bit blurry and their headache wasn't completely gone.

'I'm telling the teachers that you're sick. Sorry I couldn't stay. We need to talk once I'm back.'

Maran read the note about eight times, until they realised that it was just Tuesday yet, and that they should be in class.

The kid bolted up but stumbled and fell to the carpeted floor the next second. That's when they noticed that they were wearing their pyjamas again. The uniform was neatly folded underneath the glass layer of the table.

As they stood back up again, the teenager decided that they were going to make dinner. So they walked right into the kitchen aisle, Emem had an open kitchen right in the living room and looked through the fridge for something usable.

But they didn't find anything good and decided to get something later. A quick look at the clock showed them, that it already was close to 4 pm. Emem would be back in about half an hour.

Walking out the door, Maran threw on their cloak. They should be back the same time that Emem showed up.

Still on shaky feet, the kid walked down the road and over the, now full, parking lot. Then they entered the pizzeria and saw Christen again.

He was working the register and looked up as Maran entered.

"Hi", he said,"are you feeling any better?"

Maran nodded and walked up to him saying:"Yeah thanks. I'm here to get some pizza tho." The kid smiled and Christen laughed.

"Well of course. Would be dumb to work at a pizza place without ever eating it. What do you want?"

Maran ordered two pizzas, one big with bacon and a small one with just cheese. They and Christen chatted for a bit, until Maran's pizzas were ready, and the kid could leave.

Christen said to be more careful tonight, to not let whatever happened happen again. Maran sighed and promised to try their best.

Emem would have been earlier in the flat then Maran. But Maran saw her as she unlocked the door and called out for their best friend to wait.

The girl was a bit mad at Maran for just leaving, especially in their state, but just until she tried the pizza.

After they had eaten, Emem wanted to know what had happened. Maran took a deep breath.

"He said I'm not supposed to tell you", they said quietly.

"Who? That William guy?"

Maran nodded.

"You're pranking me, right? The guy is supposed to be dead!", Emem snapped. This time, Maran shook their head.

Emem sighed and said:"Ok, so a serial killer that is seen as dead by everybody showed up at your workplace, which just so happens to be the place he killed a few kids in and is now threatening you. Seems like a fun holiday."

Maran managed a laugh. "Yeah", they said," can't wait for the next round." Their voice was full of sarcasm.

"You sure you want to go again?", the kids best friend asked.

They nooded and replied:"Yeah. I think I should get to bed."

"You're crazy. Call me if he dares to show up again.", Emem demanded whilst standing up.

Maran nooded and let themself fall onto the sofa. They reached for Goldie and hugged him tightly whilst falling asleep.

As their alarm sounded again, the kid woke up. They weren't stressed or anything alike. Maran was determined to live through tonight too.

With that thought they stood up and went to take a shower and get dressed. Throwing on their cloak again, they quietly left the flat.