chapter fourteen

"I thought I could trust you!"

"Why do you do this?"

"You can still do the right thing?"

"This is a joke, right? Right?"

"I will remember this."

The class voiced out their opinions in anger and despair. Hurt and confused as to why Lila did this to them? They saw her as a good friend, someone they could confide in.

But she tossed their friendship away as if they were dirt on the ground. It was almost as if she was the puppet master and the class were the puppet but behind closed doors, she was the one pulling the strings.

One by one, the classmates circled Lila like a group of lions ready to pounce at her at any moment. Continuously bombarding her with questions wondering if their friendship with her was meaningless or if she was just using them.

Her mind was buzzing with different excuses to get the class to believe her. But she gave in and decided to confess for all the lies she told.

"That's right, I lied," Lila stated, angrily and defensive.

A smirk rose on her face as she continued revealing her true intentions. "I'm sorry that had it had to go down like this."

"You were all so stupid. You should've known."

Every word stung only fueling the fire that burned inside of her. Every violated phrase was like gasoline to it, her fists began to clench and her jaw rooted.

Adrien intertwined his hand with Marinette squeezing her hand gently reassuring her that everything was going to be fine.

She hesitated, taking a deep breath. "I didn't- I didn't mean to. This wasn't what I wanted."

M A R I N E T T E

Everything is still. Lila is leaning against the desk, her mouth agape in a mix of disgust, horror and disbelief at our actions and accusations.

Meanwhile, nobody speaks, instead all staring at the girl, who despite having a calm posture, her eyes are searching the room frantically. The class remains shocked, while Adrien and I glare her down.

Finally, after what feels like hours, somebody speaks.

"How could you lie to us after everything that happened?"

To the surprise of everyone, it was Sabrina. Everyone turns to her, our words finally starting to sink in to them.

"You lied to us." Alya states, seeming hurt.

Another few moments of silence, then finally, Lila responds.

"No, I never!" Tears form in her eyes, now looking at Adrien.

"You're really leaving me for her? I thought we were close!"

The class seems to falter, Adrien included, but I already know she's trying to manipulate us, and is trying to use Adrien's kind nature to her advantage.

A small sense of worry hits me, a fear that he might cave, but any doubt I had is cleared when my love's harsh voice cuts through the air.

"Don't even try it, Lila! We were never dating, and you never had anything to do with Ladybug either!"

Her act falters, slipping for a mere second before she wipes her eyes.

"How would you know that?! First you lie about going out with me, and now you're calling me a liar?!"

She seems genuinely upset, which only makes me angrier.

"You ARE a liar! You've lied about everything! You lied about knowing Ladybug, you lied about me, and you lied about Adrien! You twisted our emotions and tried to make us hate each other, tried to break our friendships apart!"