chapter thirteen

When she was asleep, she lay as still as a brick. The only movement was the slight rise and fall of her chest. Turning off the alarm on her cellphone. She goes downstairs, kissing her mother on the cheek and makes breakfast. As soon she finished eating, Marinette hugs her father, kisses both her parents and runs out of the bakery.

Marinette sighed which sounded deflating softly; it was as if the tension had lifted her yet left her with melancholy instead of relief. Taking a deep breath, she walked up the steps to the open-air courtyard.

She saw Adrien come out of the limo while she stood near the stairs. Marinette smiled at him shyly. The pair walked beside each other as they went to class. As usual, Lila had the entire class wrapped around her finger.

L I L A

I stand at the front of the class, retelling another 'wonderous' and 'amazing' story. "So, I got a call from Adrien telling me to meet him at the Eiffel tower at 8 o'clock at night sharp.

"And, of course, I agree to meet him! When I got there, he took my hand and led me into the elevator, and once we got to the top, I saw a beautiful candlelit dinner set up just for us!"

"He sat me down, and we had his bodyguard serve us and it was so romantic! It was such a great experience!"

They are all leaning in their seats, eyes focused on me as I notice Adrien and that stupid blue-haired girl walking approaching the school in a hurry.

I quickly change my story to one that they can't disprove.

"But, when I went home, Queen Bee and Rena Rouge had led Lady Fortune straight to me! She was taken down by them, but that's not what I wanted."

They gasp, shocked and confused. Perfect.

"What did you want?" Is asked by Chloe, the idiotic girl who can't keep a secret. "I wanted her to catch me.

"You see, if she caught me, she would bring me back to Ladybug! So, once she came back, I let her catch me and she brought me to Ladybug!

She was so weak and cold, but I managed to save her life!"

I watch the door open, and the two students run in. Despite this, I continue. "We escaped, and she was able to defeat Marinette and save Paris! So, if I wasn't there to help her, we would've died!"

They all cheer, celebrating my heroism. "That's why I and Adrien are perfect together!" I cuddle up to him, smiling, but I'm quickly shoved off.

"Liar!"

The entire class turned around and were met with Adrien Agreste, the love of my life. How dare he defend that blue-haired runt? I mean I'm his girlfriend hello I'm standing right here?!

"I'm not angry at you, just at myself. . . Because I knew this would happen, but I let myself fall in love with you anyways."

Adrien looked unimpressed. A cruel sneer formed on his face.

"What she said is a lie and I'm the one who saved Marinette, not her."

My mouth hung open as I tried to come up with another lie. Before I had the chance to speak, Marinette rudely interrupted my conservation with Adrien.

M A R I N E T T E

"He helped me snap out of the negative effect of the akuma enough for Ladybug and Chat Noir to devillise the Akuma into a butterfly." The blueberry baker girl really makes my blood boil. But she did next really wanted me to get out of school for good.

Adrien's kiss stole the words I didn't need to say. In that silence, all of our secrets laid bare, all of our passions and the spark of love that existed between us. At that moment, in his love, I was strong. One kiss and I had the courage to do what had to do.

I smirked at her as we pulled away. My eyes twinkled with satisfaction as she glared at me with her dark chocolate eyes.

Adrien and I held hands as we turned to face the whole class.

"We're together and it was a lie told by Lila that Hawkmoth used to his advantage."

Silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground.