chapter twelve

She refused to look away, even as her lips trembled and her shoulders heaved with emotion, unwilling to back down.
Her dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears; her hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief.

A lone tear traced down her cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened.
She wept, tears streaming from her deep blue eyes, loud, heaving sobs tearing from her throat, and still, he did not look away

Not until the sobs drove him to his knees did her determined gaze fall.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, gently rubbing her arm. Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his. She sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture.

"Please forgive me. I've never wanted to hurt you."

"It's okay, princess. It wasn't your fault." He grabbed her chin and she looked upwards into his cyan eyes as her aquamarine eyes glistened with tears.

"I don't think crying makes a person weak, it makes them stronger." Adrien's mouth curved upwards into an awe-gazing smile.

Adrian brought out his phone and called his bodyguard 'Gorilla' to take Marinette home. The limo arrived near the sidewalk, like the gentleman he is, Adrien opened the door for Marinette. She mumbled a silent thank you as she sat in the limo. The Gorilla drove off to Tom and Sabine's Boulangerie Patisserie.

The silence caressed her skin like a cool summer breeze, smoothing her soul, taking away her jagged edges. It had been one hell of a rough day. She was fooled into believing the love of her life was with someone else. Getting akumatized by Hawkmoth for the first time. Hurting her friends and family. Told the boy she loved she hated him. The day couldn't get any worse than this.

The car came to a halt as they arrived at the bakery. Once Marinette arrived home, she's bombarded by her parents hugging her and kissing her all over the face. Being asked endless questions about here shews and what happened. She assured them several times that she was fine.

She opened the door to her bedroom, she and Tikki simultaneously apologise to one another. Marinette apologizes for giving into negative emotions and getting akumatized by Hawkmoth, claiming that she didn't want any of this to happen. Tikki comments that she should have been more supportive and be a better friend.

Later that night, Marinette explains to Tikki about how she'll deal with returning to school again and face her classmates.
Tikki ensures her that everything will be  great and the duo fall into a deep sleep.