chapter seven

AUTHOR'S NOTE | I would like to dedicate this chapter to my friend CrystalTheDimanian for supporting me and helping me along the way this was written by her.

Carapace and Queen Bee, along with Adrien jumped from building to building. The heroes and the male were face to face with Françoise Dupont College.

"Adrien Agreste?"

"He's off sick, miss." Comes Nino's response, but it's barely noticed by the girl sitting next to him.

Lazily listening, Alya yawns, tired from the almost 6 hour game of cat-and-mouse with Lady Fortune the night before.

They had managed to get Adrien to a safe part of the school, where Chloe is staying with him, and after luring the super-villian away, she seemed to disappear.

As though into thin air, Lady Fortune had vanished.

"Chloe Bourgeois?"

"Sick as well."

Rena Rouge and Carapace looked everywhere yet she was nowhere to be found. This alone was VERY suspicious, since anyone who has been akumatized, at least that she knows of, always cause non-stop havoc, so what happened?

The Ladyblogger had theories about that question.

"Ivan Bruel?"

The first idea that came to mind that she was planning something. Marinette is smart, even though she's a klutz, she might be planning something. If so, what is it?

The other idea is that Ladybug had caught her. This sounds like the best option, but why wasn't the damage repaired? Ladybug ALWAYS fixes what damage was caused.

"Alya Cesaire?"

Speaking of which where was she? Ladybug should've shown up now, so where was she? Did Ladybug catch her? Is she in trouble? Is she going to be hurt?

"Alya?"

Her mind was blank as she was thinking about fearing the worst for the idol she based her entire career on and muted the sound of her name being called.

"Alya, say here."

The command whispered by Nino shakes her back to reality, raising a hand and saying "Here!", quicker and louder than she intended.

Silence follows for a second, before Miss Bustier speaks.

"Alya, are you alright?"

The brown-haired girl nods, smiling.

"Yes, miss! I just never got enough much sleep last night?"

The cherished teacher smiled, sighing before reminding the teen that she shouldn't get caught up in her work so much, and that's she sure that everything is alright now after last night's events.

Of course, Alya agrees, a sigh of relief that she didn't give anything away, managing to escape along with increasing the already limitless affection for Ladybug.

"Juleka Couffaine?"

The black-haired girl raises a hand, silent as her name is marked off and Miss Bustier continues registration, Alya's attention continues to drift away.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

The room remains quiet, as the empty seat sets a tense atmosphere. She isn't here.

Nobody knows if she's akumatized, and the grim reminder that she can possibly still be out there lingers in the air.

Pressing on, Miss Bustier gets ready to call out the next name, however the sound of shattering glass stops her dead in her tracks.

Instead, the class is sent into a moment of panic and start screaming, before finally settling to dust seconds later to reveal Lady Fortune herself.

The villain takes one look around the room, before immediately locking eyes with Lila. Fury and vengeance seems to pulse within the blue-haired girl, before lassing the other with her yo-yo.

Lila's scream rings out through the classroom, however is cut short by a strip of duct tape being placed over the liar's mouth.

"Shut it."

The class watch in horror, fearing what their akumatized friend might do.

"Now listen up. I want you to bring me Adrien Agreste, at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Today. You have until midnight or she gets it."

The order is clear, and without another word, the villain leaves as suddenly as she appeared.

Everyone runs to the window, watching as she quickly manoeuvres around the buildings, getting too far away to see after a few seconds.

However, this was perfect timing for Nino and Alya to transform.

They both get their miraculous out,  transforming into Carapace and Rena Rouge as they run to the lockers downstairs, meeting with Queen Bee.

"I heard the commotion, what's going on?" Is the first thing she says, the two heroes making sure the male was alright.

"It was Lady Fortune. She's got Lila, and wants Adrien in exchange for tonight." The turtle-themed superhero states as the model chimes in.

"It's alright really. I'm sure I can . . ." He trails off as all eyes watch at him disapprovingly.

A few seconds pass as the heroes try her  best to think of a plan, until Rena's eyes light up.

"Chloe, go outside and stay with Adrien, okay?"

The girl runs out outside, leaving only Rena Rouge and Carapace.

"Go upstairs and tell everyone that Lady Fortune took Alya and Nino, then meet outside."

Without wasting another second, he runs out, and the fox runs out another way to meet with the blonde-haired hero.

"Alright, so you're going to come with me as backup in case something goes wrong."

Rena Rouge commands, turning to the third member of their team.

"You stay with Adrien, and making sure nothing happens okay?"

The turtle nods, giving a thumbs up as the heroines started to run.

The duo manoeuvre through the city, making their way to the rooftops as the sight of the setting sun casts a golden glow behind the Eiffel Tower. If there's wasn't someone to save, the two would admire it's picturesque nature.

But there's no time for that now. They need to save Lila.

Finally reaching the structure, Queen Bee and Rena Rouge get into the elevator, which began to rise.

Setting their plan into motion, the fox takes her flute, using the power of illusion to turn Queen Bee into a duplicate of Adrien.

Keeping a straight face, they wait until they reach the top of the tower.