Ch 24

Rin pov

 I wake up cuddled with Yukio on the couch. Kuro is also cuddling with us. I pet him and I get up. Yukio whines.

 "nooo you are so warm," Yukio complains. I get both of our mugs from last night and I take them to the sink. Yukio gets up and he hugs me. "warm," He sighs. I roll my eyes.

 "Go get dressed. I am going to clean the mugs then get changed and go outside and start practicing shooting. and if you are not ready by then I will start using your stuff for target practice," I reply. 

"Fine," Yukio groans.

Even though it is a holy water gun it still is as strong as a normal gun and can put a decent dent in normal day items. it also will drench them in water.

Once I get the mugs clean I go get changed. Then I get the gun and the ammo. Yukio walks up still looking half asleep. 

"If you want I can shoot you," I say. 

Yukio sleepily nods. "Really?" I ask happily. "

Sure whatever," Yukio says still asleep.

The first thing he did was shot me with a holy water gun so I could know what kinda weapon I was dealing with and how it felt. It hurt like a bitch, and now I finally get to make that up and I get to shoot Yukio. Once we get outside I am ten meeter or thirty feet away from him. I fire the gun it hits him and he cries out. 

"What was that for?" He shouts. 

"You said that I could shoot you!" I say with a smile on my face. Yukio deadpans and glares at me.

"Is that what you were asking? I wasn't fully awake yet!" Yukio grumbles feeling the welt that was left behind. 

"Well, now you are," I reply happily. 

He flicks the top of my ear and I growl at him. 

Then he hugs me. 

"Sorry I got ahead of myself," Yukio sighs. I push him away and he toppels over into the snow. 

"Do that again and I will feed you to Kuro."

"Kuro wouldn't lay a paw on me," Yukio replies. 

"He's my familiar remember, he is bound to follow any command," I sneer. 

Yukio pales and I smirk. I begin to practice and I quickly run out of ammo. We go back inside and I look at the clock... It's noon already? 

"Guess we are having lunch," I reply. 

"Should I go get the churchmen?" Yukio asks and I nod.

 Yukio and the churchmen set the table and I cook up a quick meal for everyone. Once we are all at the table Yukio prays and then we all eat. 

"So how have your days been so far?" Izumi asks. 

"Yukio flicked my ear," I reply. 

"Only because you shot me!" Yukio replies. 

"Well, what happened after that?" Kyodo asks. 

"I pushed him in the snow," I add. 

"So you shot Yukio. Yukio hit you. and you pushed him in the snow," Nagatomo asks.

I nod. 

"So Yukio has yet to get you back?" Kyodo asks. 

"If he does anything else I will rip his hair out." I reply. 

Once we all finish lunch everyone takes care of their own dishes. Once I clean my plate I go to find more ammo. I find a large storage closet full of ammo... Shiro was always over-prepared. The temple begins shaking. I thought I scared all the demons off.

Yukio runs in with my sword and he gives it to me. He seems to be terrified. 

"Yukio? ae you ok?" I ask. 

"It's Mephisto... he's outside," Yukio says terrified. 

I load the gun and Mephisto walks through the front door. I make eye contact with him and I growl. His pricing green eyes seem to call out for me. I want to go to him. I want to cuddle with him. I want to be next to him. But I won't go. 

"Those wards were a pain to break," He sighs.

 I came here for a reason and I am staying. I just need to remember the reason... He was overbearing and irresponsible and I can take care of myself. I don't need an Alpha and I don't need him. Even though I really want him...  I point the gun at him and growl. 

"leave."

"Rin, don't be like that," Mephisto coos. 

His eyes are begging me to come to him and help but gaze into them. I take a shaky breath and I break eye contact and I look at the floor keeping the gun pointed at him. 

"Leave or I will shoot," I snarl. 

"Rin I am not leaving until you come back with me," Mephisto states simply. There is a tone of demand and control in his voice. It crushes on me. 

"No," I growl. 

"Rin. I will not leave without you. I will take you by force if I must," Mephisto replies this time he hints at urgency. 

My stomach drops. My tail quivers. I want to go with him more than anything. it takes everything I have to keep a steady hold on my gun. Yukio is shaking as well. I whimper. This is hell.  Mephisto continues to look at me. I can feel his emerald eyes drilling into me. Drawing me in. creating a desire. A desire to go to the Alpha just a few meters away.

"Come here love I will take care of you, " Mephisto purrs softly. 

I stop my feet from moving. he is using all of his tricks. And it is close to working. "I will go with you," I say lowering my gun. Mephisto smiles. 

"On a few conditions," I add looking up at him. 

His smile fades. "You can't tell me what I can and can't do. You can't try and control me, and you can't hurt Yukio," I reply. 

Yukio has a sigh of relief. 

"unless I say so," I add. Fear grows in Yukio again.

"I can agree to those terms but I have a center. Can I stop you if you are going to hurt yourself or you could get hurt?" Mephisto asks. 

"No, but you can tell me why something isn't safe and try to persuade me not to do the dangerous act," I reply.

 "I can agree to those terms," Mephisto says happily. I put my gun on the ground. 

Mephisto teleports over and he scoops me up. he holds me close and purrs. I purr as well. I feel a wave of relief wash over me. I missed this. so much. I don't need an Alpha but I most definitely want one. and it seems for the time being... Mephisto is my Alpha.

He snaps and we are in his room. He puts me down on the bed and he crawls over me. "Never leave again," he growls. 

"Never treat me like an object again," I growl back.

Mephisto smiles.

"I can agree to those terms"