Ch 16

Mephisto pov

I have a feeling Amaimon will not keep quiet. He has never been one to follow commands when he feels he knows better. I am going to implore more security in the mansion... I should have never told Rin to the garden... It wouldn't have killed me to spend time with him. Or at least cuddle with him as I did my work. Now we have a much bigger problem...

I can easily deter any of our brothers... Everyone but... Lucifer. Once he hears about this he will quickly try and take Rin from me. And there is no way I can stop him. I just hope he doesn't take Rin. I take Rin back to my office. He is upset and rightfully so. He wants people to like him as he is and not because he is a Neko. Once in my office, Rin sits down on the couch. I sit next to him. 

"This is a curse," he says sadly.

"But do you want to die?" I ask. 

"No, but I want others to like me for me," Rin replies. 

I hug him. "I like you for you. Before I didn't want to assume you were a dom and make unreasonable standards. I like you for you Rin. You are a spitfire. You are a pain in the ass but you are adorable. and your personality makes dealing with you worth it." Rin blushes. "and your blush is the cutest," I reply. 

Rin pushes against me. "I hate you," He replies as he puffs out his cheeks.

"There is the spitfire," I purr. 

Rin smiles. "I like you too," Rin replies. 

"Now I have just a small bit of work left. Do you want to read while I finish or would you like to sit with me?" I ask. 

Rin blushes. 

"So sit with me."

Rin nods. I pick him up and I sit down in my chair. I get back to filing the expenses. Rin cuddles into my chest with a happy little smile. Once I finish filing I look at Rin. 

"Now that I am finished what do you want to do?" I ask. 

Rin looks at me and he stops for a moment to think.

"Teach me about demon culture," Rin replies. "You told me you would at the hospital."  

"Well, there are a lot of details and to go over the entire culture would take an eternity. And it has adapted and changed quite a bit over the last few years. Is there something specific you want to know about?" I ask. 

"Well, what is something that would be good for me to know? like why was Amaimon so interested in me? I understand that I am a Neko but it seemed he saw use in me," Rin replies.

Rin pov

"Well, first I would have to explain demon courting and mating. It can be a long story and requires an open mind. I am willing to tell you if you are willing to listen," Mephisto replies. 

I nod.

"So demons mate differently than humans do. We don't have any sex organs as humans do. So when we mate we go through a process called grooming. It is like how humans cuddle and kiss. and demon tails are often part of grooming. So for demons who want to mate they show their demon hearts and they take tiny pieces from each of their hearts and they combine them and it creates a new demon." Mephisto explains. 

I cuddle deeper in his chest just listing to his voice and the steady rise and fall of his chest.

"Demons can only mate with their own class of demon: same rank, same type. Since demons are created from magic we don't have genetics as humans do. With all these factors combined demons have adapted to taking their siblings as mates. Since they are not genetically related there are no setbacks and with the limited options for mates; it is easier as well, and finding a mate outside of a family can be hard. Demons usually stay with their family for a large portion of their life. So that just adds to another reason why siblings mate." Mephisto explains.

It is a bit weird to hear that. Demon mates with their siblings... ew. "If you need to say something Rin say it. This is a new thing and it can be odd and confusing. So if you have any questions just ask," Mephisto replies. 

"It just seems weird to me that demon mate with their siblings. Like I could never mate with Yukio," I reply with a shudder.

"From a human perspective, I can see how it seems wrong. But the title of siblings is different when used in the demon context. We are not genetically related and we are very close. And we don't mate as humans do. it is similar to cuddling. Have you ever cuddled with Yukio before?" Mephisto asks.

"Well, when we were younger yeah. But we were younger and closer back then," I reply. 

"Demon families keep that close bond throughout their entire lives. and there is no social shame from cuddling with your siblings in Gehenna," Mephisto replies. 

I nod. That does make more sense. 

"When you put it like that it doesn't seem as weird," I reply. 

"Well because for demons it's not taboo." 

"That is understandable. I guess I was wrong." 

"You weren't wrong. From a human point of view, it is weird without context. now that is cleared up would you like me to continue?" Mephisto replies and I nod in response. "Now the royal family is incapable of mating. Satan created all of the demon kings from his own here. He didn't need a mate to make the demon kings because he is so powerful. The demon kings can't mate with their kin because; they are not the same type or class and because of their power. Well, they can't create a new demon, but they can groom each other. All of the demon kings are dominants. But the older kings are more dominant than the younger kings, so we dominate their younger siblings," Mephisto explains.

"So that's what Amaimon was talking about," I reply. 

Mephisto nods. "And as the second strongest demon king it is only my instincts to protect you," Everything falls into place... I get a weird feeling about cuddling with Mephisto before he starts to rub my ear and pleasure falls over me. I lean into his hand.

I start purring. "This is just a part of grooming, now it may take you a while to come to terms with it and that is understandable. But I would suggest having an open mind. after all, we are not genetically related. we are related by magic and that is why Yukio is not related to our family. And with our brothers being doms you are very precious to all of them. but if you don't want to go with them I won't let them take you," Mephisto purrs.

"So wait... you are the second strongest. Who is the strongest?" I ask. 

"That would be Lucifer. Well, technically Satan but he is god/lord of all demons. But Lucifer is the strongest out of the demon kings," Mephisto continues. 

"So can you stop him from taking me?" 

"I can try. I might not succeed. But I certainly will try." 

"Although Lucifer is a gentleman and he is currently in a weakened state. So I doubt he would try anything," Mephisto replies.

"So I guess I will just have to stay with you," I say, as Mephisto smiles. "Amaimon just wanted me because I was a sub?"

"Well, almost all of our brothers are interested in and want a bond with you. But you being a sub will add to the desire. but if you don't want to have a bond you don't have to," Mephisto replies.

 "I would stay with you for now," I purr. Mephisto smiles. 

"and I will be here," Mephisto replies.