Ch 9

Rin pov

Once I get to Mephisto's office I am close to breaking down in sobs. I knock on the door. I wait for Mephisto to tell me to come in.

"Who is it?" Mephisto asks. 

"Rin," I replied trying my best not to cry. 

"Come in," Mephisto replies. He seems a bit concerned but then he sees me close to tears. The comes over and picks me up and he sits down in his chair. I clutch onto his shirt not wanting to let go.

Mephisto runs his finger through my hair and picks up his phone. "Ah, yes. I just called to inform you that Rin was not feeling all that good so he came to see me and I have him," Mephisto says. "yes, and thank you." Then he hangs up the phone. 

Just being close to him makes me feel better.

"Rin what has made you so upset?" Mephisto asks as he takes off my beanie. 

"Yukio told everyone about me being Neko and now everyone knows. I feel betrayed and hurt. Now, loner doms will know I am a Neko and go out of their way to torment me. It was bad enough before but now things will only get worse for me," I reply as a few tears roll down my face.

Mephisto sets my beanie down on his desk and rubs my ears. I feel a bit better. But I am still upset. 

"Look on the bright side. No one will ignore you anymore and anyone who torments you will be taken care of. Alphas will line up for such a pretty thing like yourself and Subs will include you in everything. Doms will always be there to help and support you." Mephisto replies.

I nod. 

"You are right," I reply sadly. 

"Moving on. How are these tormentors of yours?" Mephisto asks. 

"It's not important." 

"Rin." 

"It's nothing bad. They just pull small things. I have never told them to really stop so it doesn't matter." 

"Rin, tell me," Mephisto growls.

I whine. "Fine just don't kill them," I reply.

"Ok, I won't" Mephisto replies. 

"It's Bon. But he only does small things. He bothers me but it's not that bad," I reply. 

Mephisto sighs. "I can't blame you for not telling me. There would really be nothing we can do if he is just bothering you but if he lays a hand on you tell me." 

I nod.

"It would be a crime to hurt such a dear like yourself," Mephisto purrs as he caresses my cheek with his hand. With his other hand, he rubs my ears. I unravel my tail and I let it wag happily behind me. 

"So other than the last part of your day. How was it?" Mephisto asks. 

"It was pretty good. Everyone was really nice and in science, every dom wanted to work and the teacher ended up assigning an Alpha to work with me. He was really nice."

"See not so bad having everyone know now is it?" Mephisto asks. 

"I guess not. Today was pretty good," I reply.

 Mephisto smiles and nods. "That will become even more common once your scent sets in," Mephisto adds. 

"I just hope it doesn't get annoying," I reply. 

"It might. A pretty thing will get a lot of compliments," Mephisto replies. 

I smile and blush a bit. 

"So did you find out Yukio told everyone? Did he tell you or did you figure it out on your own?" Mephisto asks. 

"Yukio and I had an argument. and he told me it was everyone's business to know I was a Neko and I was being selfish for not telling others," I reply.

"Idiot," Mephisto growls. 

"Why do you say that?" I ask. 

"I told Yukio to tell others about you being a Neko thinking he would let everyone know slowly and let the environment around you adapt as your sent sets in. I just didn't want you to have to deal with the negatives of being a Neko and not deal with the positives. But I didn't want him to go around telling everyone the immediately," Mephisto replies.

"You what?" I ask somewhat angrily. Mephisto told him to do it! 

"Rin calm down. I only told him to do that so you wouldn't kill yourself. Besides everything worked out. I still wanted it to be an easier transition for you. Yukio most likely didn't mean to make you feel bad when he did that and neither did I. I want you safe and alive," Mephisto replies.

"I can't be too mad at you. You just want me safe... and I understand that and I can forgive that," I reply. 

"But that doesn't mean everyone has a right to know. It's your body and your breed, not his. You have a right to your secrets. It's selfish of you to not tell others about your breed. Besides most Nekos don't tell others. They usually tell their friends and their friends tell others. It is to keep the Neko safe. By letting others know you are a Neko it makes everyone more alert and protective over you so if a loner approaches you they can be easily gotten rid of," Mephisto replies.

"I can understand that. Others hate it when Nekos are sad and how are you going to protect a Neko if you don't know they are a Neko and need protecting," I reply. 

"Exactly," Mephisto replies. 

"I should thank you since my sent hasn't been sent in yet and I wasn't going to tell anyone else," I reply.

"No, Rin you shouldn't thank me for doing something like that. In a way, I did violate your privacy although it was done to help keep you safe. It was still violating your privacy. and it was what any self-respecting Dom would have done. I wasn't the one who told others. That was Yukio. Although he handled it poorly. But I can't really blame him. But how he talked with you about it was very improper of him and downright wrong," Mephisto replies.

"Speaking of improper. Mr. Abe told me my tail and ears are not explicate. But I am still part demon so I wanted to know if would be improper to show my tail" I ask. 

"No, it isn't improper of you. In fact, it is considered improper to hide it. Well, as long as an Alpha or pack Dom is around to protect you," Mephisto replies. 

"Speaking of which it is best for safety reasons for Nekos to befriend an Alpha. Do you have anyone in mind or should I talk with the Alpha teacher to find you one?" Mephisto asks.

"Not really. I don't think I have anyone in mind," I reply. 

Mephisto nods.