Ch 2

Rin pov

The first day back from break and I can already feel the hate swarming back. In most of my classes, no one really cares about me. I stay quiet and don't ask questions. I am kinda invisible. I wear dark blue beanies to cover my ears. It blends in with my hair so it is practically noticeable. My special classes for being a Neko occur three times a week. It happens on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Most no one else knows about me being a Neko. But everyone will soon find out. it is only a matter of time before the kids in normal class figure it out. I just hope the cram school kids don't. Izumo is cool and she will understand. But most everyone else is either afraid of me even after all I have done for them. If they knew about this...

Everything would get worse for me. Yukio has been pestering me about what I am. He asked me many times and I haven't replied or shown him. Surely all of his love for me would disappear. He already puts up with me and would disown me once he finds out. I spend lunch alone like always. Although more people start to notice me. I get a few more lanes than normal. People look at me and then quickly avert their eyes when they see me notice.

Wonderful now everyone is talking about me. My special class is today. Then I will meet other Nekos... I will just have to survive through cram school. I walk through the halls dreading the class. I walk in and I take a seat at the back in the corner. I like it there. It is quiet and dark. I get my notebook out and I wait for class to start. Everyone shuffles in.

Bon walks up. he slams his notebook on the desk next to me scaring me. My hearing has become much more sensitive. I flinch away from the sound. Bon smirks and picks up his notebook and walks to his desk. Bon doesn't do things like hit me. he does small things. Small things that can't be proven. A lot of small things. It adds up. I don't like Bon for that reason. He sees me as lazy and stupid.

He has no idea what I have really been through. The death of my father was the worst thing that ever happened. Of course, Bon doesn't know about it. I refuse to talk to anyone about it. If I can pretend like it didn't happen I won't have to deal with it. Shiro was never my father. I never had a father. I was just a kid raised in a temple with my brother. I don't like my childhood. Everything I knew was a lie.

But one thing wasn't. Shiro was my dad, adoptive or not. He was still my dad. I miss him. I like to pretend like he wasn't. But he was and I miss him. But I can't do anything to get him back. Now I may not even be able to become an exorcist. Or at least an exorcist who fights. But what other kinds of exorcists are there? My mom was a Neko... She was an exorcist. But she was one of the lowest-class exorcists. But still an exorcist. So it is possible.

Yukio walks in and he begins the lesson. I write down notes for later. Yukio finishes the class early. He lets us do homework and talk with our classmates. But no one really likes me. Izumo is nice. But I don't really talk with her. I keep to myself and I do homework. 

Bon walks over. "Hey Rin what up with that beanie?" Bon asks. 

"Don't," I reply. "

I am just asking a question. It's just a stupid hat. No need to get so defensive," Bon replies. 

it's things like this that bother me. He acts like I am his friend or something. He torments me and then asks like I am being mean when I tell him to go away.

The bell rings and I pack my thing and I leave the class. Bon follows me out of the class. I try speeding up my pace and Bon tries to catch up. He ends up trapping me against a wall. 

"Just take off the beanie and I will leave you alone," Bon growls. I feel scared. Bon is a werewolf, and Dom is an alpha. Subs are almost forced to do what a Dom says out of pure instinct. This doesn't apply to Nekos though. My Neko scent has fully set in yet, and since my ears and tail are hidden Bon has no idea.

I am about to take off the beanie out of fear when Mephisto walks down the hallway. 

"There you are Rin I was just looking for you," Mephisto says happily. "Now I'm sure you have somewhere to be right Mr. Suguro?" Mephisto turns to Bon, who nods and walks off. 

I sigh in relief. "That was a close one," I mutter. 

Mephisto nods and I walk beside him down the halls. 

"So what did you want to tell me?"

"I said that to get him away from you. And I am leading you to your Neko class. Actually, I do have something to tell you. If you ever need help just press this," Mephisto says handing me a small button.

I nod. Mephisto stops at a light blue door. The door pops out in comparison to the other doors. 

"This is the corridor where are of the sub's classes take place. The Neko class is special because it takes place when no other classes are so no one else is around other than the teacher and the other Nekos. So your secret is safe here," Mephisto explains.

 I nod and I thank him before entering the classroom. The room is a soft pastel purple. Like a light lavender. 

"Hello," The professor greets.

"Everyone this is the newest student Rin,"