Ch 10

Rin pov

Mephisto brought me home this time at six. I had dinner and Mephisto had a conversation with Yukio. 

"Rin dear, if you could go to your room as I have a quick chat with Yukio," Mephisto purrs sweetly. 

"Ok," I reply happily. 

Kuro walks with me to my room. I open the bedroom door and once both Kuro and I are in the room I close it.

I get one of my books from my backpack. I sit down on my bed and begin reading the book. Kuro jumps up on my bed and claws at my hand. I pet Kuro and he purrs. 

"Hey Kuro what do you think they are talking about?" I ask. 

"Probably just having a conversation about being a Dom or something along the lines of that," Kuro replies. I hum and go back to reading my book.

Yukio pov

Mephisto threw a chair at the wall behind me as he continued to rant. I messed up. I can tell you that much. But Mephisto is overacting. I did what he said. 

"Rin has come to me twice this week crying all because of something you did! And also not to mention how you are unable to control your students. Ryuji has been harassing Rin for the past few months and you have done nothing to stop him. Not is that being irresponsible but it is lazy and disrespectful to the entire dom class." Mephisto growls and he paces around the room.

"It's not that big of a deal! Besides if Rin has a problem with Ryuji he should have come and told me," I reply defending myself and my honor. 

Defending myself was a mistake. Mephisto picks me up by my collar and slams me into the wall. His Green eyes glared right through me. It was honestly terrifying.

"It is a big deal. Rin couldn't ever speak up because he would just be pushed aside by you. You have ignored him and left him behind. You cut him out of your life so he was all alone. He has told me he wants to die more than live as Neko because you might have not accepted him. Your ignorance and rejection crushed him. He was alone and suffering. If I had known about it I wouldn't have thought twice about converting him. But you share a room with him. You sleep in the same room and it used to be the same bed. He is your twin and you shoved him away. You could have asked him about how he was doing at least once and this wouldn't have happened. If you actually showed you cared about Rin he wouldn't want to die!" Mephisto snarls.

"What? Since when has he wanted to die?" I ask. Mephisto throws me to the floor. I fall quite harshly and agitate the floor. I feel like I broke something. The pain becomes more apparent the more I stay on the floor. 

"You really are hopeless, I honestly don't know why I bother with you." 

"If Rin was depressed I would have known about it," I reply slightly angry. Mephisto is really causing me, not knowing! I am his twin. If anything it has been Mephisto who has ignored him.

"One would think so. Rin was showing all the signs of Depression and you didn't even take a few seconds to notice," Mephisto replies. 

"What do you mean? I am his twin I would know if he was depressed" Yukio asks.

 Mephisto starts laughing instantly. In a way, it was more threatening than when he pinned me to the wall. I have no idea why he is laughing or how he is going to react next. That's the scary part. before I knew he was going to hurt me in some form. But now I have no idea how he is going to react.

 "One would think so," Mephisto says in between fits of laughter.

"What signs are there then?" I ask snarkily. 

"Hiding out in the corner, not forming relationships or bonds. Not interacting with others. not caring about anything. always being tired or asleep. Not eating. Not being active. wearing long sleeves in the summer. All the signs were there you just needed to look up!" Mephisto replied. His pupils have turned to slits. His once-green eyes have faded to a bright yellow. He smiles showing his elongated fangs. 

"In Gehenna, I could kill you for just looking at him wrong. But this. This goes beyond that. Regardless he is a Neko. But since he is a Neko your crimes against your brother are multiplied." Mephisto growls.

"But thankfully for you, I am merciful. I will let you live on the condition that if you make Rin cry once again your soul will be mine. Understood?" Mephisto coos sweetly. A shiver runs down my spine. I nod. 

"Good," Mephisto purrs. His eyes slowly fade back to normal. I never knew how revealing green is until it faded back. Mephisto hid his teeth once again and he glared at me. I get up slowly. "I am going to go get Rin. You are going to apologize and I am going to leave. Then I won't hear another bad thing about you from Rin correct?" 

"Yes sir," I reply. 

Mephisto smirks. 

"Good," He replies before leaving the dining room.

Ukobatch waddles out of the kitchen with a first aid kit. He lifts up my shirt on the side that I landed on. A large crimson rash is visible. Did I get a rash from getting thrown on the floor? I better not upset Rin ever again or else I will die. He gets some disinfectant and cleans up the rash. I hiss at the contact but Ukobatch doesn't care. Once he finishes appalling the disinfectant he puts some cream on it. Then he scurries back into the kitchen.

Ukobatch is Mpehisto's familiar so it would make sense that he is not scared of Mephisto or is at least used to him. But Ukobatch didn't seem to be even remotely frightened. Mephisto was terrifying.

Rin pov

I walk with Mephisto back to the dining room. Yukio is seated at one of the tables and he seems to be very scared. 

"Yukio?" I ask. 

"Rin!" He says panicked. 

He gets on his knees and starts apologizing profusely. Mephisto stands next to me with a smirk. I walk over to Yukio and sit down next to him. I put a hand on his back to try and comfort him.

Mephisto's smirk drops and he frowns. he leans against the wall and looks away. I guess he didn't want me to come to comfort Yukio... But Yukio is my brother. Even if he is not the best brother he is still my brother. Once Yukio is calm I get up and walk over to Ukobatch. Mephisto softly growls at Yukio. I turn around and face Mephisto. 

"No," I say sternly. 

Mephisto is surprised by this and he stops growling and looks away.

I turn back around and continue to walk over to the Kitchen. Once inside the kitchen, I look at Ukobatch. 

"What happened?" I ask. 

Ukobatch is about to talk before Mephisto appears in front of the serving window that connects the kitchen to the dining room. 

"We just had a talk that it," Mephisto says with a smile. I can tell he is trying to convince me. 

"I asked Ukobatch. Now go back to where you were," I command. 

Mephisto reluctantly follows my command before shooting a glance at Ukobatch.

"as he said, just a talk. Mephisto put Yukio in his place," Ukobatch says through a mental link. We often communicate through the link during cooking and just internally. Ukobatch can't really speak as I can but he can communicate through the link so I adapted. Ukobatch is one of my only friends. I trust him and he trusts me.

"Ok, thank you for the clarification," I reply. I get up and I walk back to Mephisto. 

"I am sorry for doubting you. I just needed clarification," I say. 

Mephisto smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Don't worry dear, I understand."