Ch 4

Rin pov

After my Neko class, I walk home. This year cram school is the last class of the day. Or at least it was. My Neko class is after cram school so now my Neko class is my last class. Normal Sub and Dom classes take place in the morning on Tuesday and Thursday. Alpha classes take place on the same day as Neko classes but in the morning. Everyone was extremely nice and excepting. I think that is the most welcome I have felt anywhere in well, ever. 

I don't like Shiemi anymore. My crush on her wasn't really a crush. I thought she was nice and pretty. But I didn't want to have a relationship with her. I don't really like girls that much... I could be Ace. I can't like boys... Right? I mean I never considered it. I could be gay. I haven't really thought about it. I just need to go do my homework and then sleep.

I enter the dorm. I walk up the stairs and enter the dorm room. I look around. No Yukio. Good. I don't think I could take any more of his pestering. I sit down at the desk and I get started on my homework. I finish my weekly packets for two of my main courses. Then I move on to the individual worksheets.

History and science assign weekly packets that are due at the end of the week. I promised myself that this semester I would get better grades. So I am taking care of them before the very last day. Once I get those out of the way. I move on to math. Math is always a page or two of homework. it's quite easy and I am able to finish quickly. I paid attention in class and I understood the concepts. 

Last night I went to bed early so I wouldn't have to deal with Yukio bothering me about my breed and constantly asking. So between getting decent sleep so I don't fall asleep in class and doing my weekly packets early and doing my homework every night, I should be able to retain more information and get better grades.

Recently I have been getting anxious about people's reactions to me. The normal student I don't really worry about. I am not close to any of them so when they find out I am a Neko they should leave me alone. But it's the cram school that bothers me. They don't like me. But if I am able to get better grades at least Bon won't hate me for that.

He will just despise me for being a Neko. People finding out is enviable. After all the dress code rule wouldn't apply to a non-Neko. So why would I be allowed to wear a beanie that just so happens to hide where my ears would be? People are smart they figure out. I guess because they don't really have as many friends. But anyway, people will find out and the gossip will catch on. Nekos are rare and because of that when someone is Neko, others like to talk about it. I want to keep it a secret for a while. Just to the point of the year when no one really cares about anything anymore.

I also know those people won't really care about me. They will just tell others that I am a Neko because they are bored with their own lives. They will care that I am Neko and won't approach me probably. After all, I have a reputation for being useless. No one in normal classes no one really cares about me. I don't have any friends and really no social life.

I don't think people will really treat me differently. Well, kids who aren't in cram school. I am a nobody. Although there are a few people I am ok with. There are some girls who are nice, they mostly stay to themselves though. 

But it was like that when they were first assigned to a group project with me, obviously, they were unhappy. They thought I was a slacker, and to be true I was. But that's because I was a mess after Shiro's death. I still am. But once they knew that they became much more empathetic. They have been through a lot of BS as well.

A lot more than me. Yet they are headstrong and push forward. They are some of the youngest girls in the grade. But they are really smart. They have also formed a group of LGBTQ people. Everyone in that friend group is LGBTQ and they are always nice. The first girl I was assigned to be partners with didn't really like me. But we have gotten along much better.

And now everyone in that friend group is willing to be my partner. They are nice but I wouldn't wonder about them. I guess I could talk to them about me being a Neko if I do ever need to tell someone.

Yukio walks into the bedroom. 

"Hey Rin," Yukio says. 

"Go away I am doing homework," I reply while reading a book. 

I finished my math homework and in English, we just need to read our book for 30 minutes this week so I am getting it out of the way tonight. Yukio does a double-take. 

"really? You completed all of it... For the night?' Yukio asks. 

"No for the week. All for math because that is assigned weekly," I reply. 

Yukio is shocked. "Ok, now you have to tell me what you are!' Yukio replies. 

"No," I reply.

"Rin please," Yukio begged. 

"No"

"Please," 

"No"

"Why?"

"Because I said so" 

"Rin" 

"Yukio"

"Just tell me"

"No"