Prologe

Rin pov

Every human goes through an inheritance once they turn 16. They can be vampires, werewolves, sirens/merpeople, harpies, nagas, or Nekos. All of these categories are referred to as breeds. There is one breed that no human can become. That breed is a demon. You are born a demon or half-demon in my case. In each breed, there are Domantines and submissives. Dominates can impregnate the opposite gender. But Alphas can impregnate any gender. And Subs can be impregnated no matter their gender. Every breed has Doms and Subs except Nekos. All Nekos are submissive. They are also the rarest breed and are the most desirable mates for an Alpha.

Nekos are smart and kind. They are easily hurt and they are soft. Nekos also have the ability to reflect their emotions. Like when a Neko is sad everyone surrounding them gets sad. When a Neko is happy everyone around them is happy as well. Nekos are sensitive as well.

One of the biggest regrets some people have is making a Neko cry. Now even though Neko is sensitive doesn't mean they are weak and unable to handle themselves. They just feel a lot of emotions. They sympathize easily. Nekos can put up with a lot of bullshit and it takes quite a lot to make them cry.

Most everyone knows this and when they hear a Neko crying their immediate move is to go comfort them. No one likes it when a Neko is sad or upset. It hurts everyone and can even give some people physical pain. Those who make a Neko cry will apologize profusely and start crying as well. Or get beat up. Nothing pisses off a dom more than someone who isn't sorry for hurting a Neko.

For many centuries Nekos were thought of to be sacred and precious. They are still worshipped in some places. But most modern societies just see them as precious.  Doms also tend to travel in packs. With the strongest or smartest Dom as the leader or alpha of the pack. Most packs nowadays have smarter doms as alphas.

So that's why if you make a Neko sad try to make them happy as soon as possible. Crying does not help them. But if you hug a Neko that helps them. As I explained earlier Nekos are sympathetic so if you start crying that only makes Nekos sadder. But if a pack of Doms sees you trying to comfort the Neko they will not get mad and they will help you.

Doms will only get mad if you are standing to the side and laughing at the neck or just standing and watching and not helping the Neko in any way. There have been rare occasions where Nekos get into arguments and both arguing and doms have had to step in to help them.

Nekos can also scream very loudly. Their screams can be heard from up to three miles. This type of scream is much more of a call for help. This was a necessary thing to alert other Nekos of danger and to call for Doms to help them.

Nekos are pathetic but not at the same time. They are complex. Unlike most other breeds.

There are more Doms in the world than submissives. Most good doms stay in packs or form their own packs. But to sum it up. The doms a Neko can trust are the ones who are in a pack. The reason behind this is that even if the pack leader orders them to abuse a Neko the resist that order and will overthrow the alpha.

When a dom is in a pack it makes it impossible for them to not protect a Neko. It is embedded in their instincts and their genetic code. If they see a Neko getting hurt they have instinct to kill the offender. The courts have developed around this.

The courts have made it legal to kill someone who actively harms a Neko with no remorse. Now for the case of the two Neko fight that just ends in tears and the doms ended up calming down both Nekos. A Neko also has a very good sense of scent and they can actually smell if a dom is in a pack or not.

now for loner doms... They are the dangerous ones. They have no packs and are more violent. They are the ones Nekos have to look out for. They pick on subs for fun. They are immature and too insecure to share their feelings normally. So they take it on subs. Their favorite victims are Nekos. Nekos are almost the most dangerous victims. An uneducated or stupid loner will pick on a Neko because they don't have basic knowledge of Nekos and are usually caught in the act. Then there are others...

The ones who are truly evil. The only pick on Nekos because they see it as a game. They manipulate the Neko with a sad story and see how much they can hurt the Neko without being caught.

They run away at the first sight of a pack of doms. so that is why it is smart to bring a pack or a pack member with you everywhere you go if you are a Neko. If a pack sees a suspicious-looking dom with a Neko they will approach the dom. Usually as a pack but sometimes just a pack member depending on the circumstances. The Neko will be able to smell the pack member if it is just one and they will trust the dom.

Sometimes the Neko will ask for help but sometime they will show some sort of sign that they do not want the loner around them.

The other dom will also be able to smell the pack member and will usually run. depending on the situation. The pack member will chase after the loner if there are other packs nearby they have a fellow pack member nearby. If a pack member is all alone then they will just walk the Neko to safety where ever that may be.

In the case of a pack. The alpha will stay with the dom while the rest of the pack chase after the loner. If a pack catches one of the evil loners they will have no pity or restraint. They will usually beat up the loner maybe even kill it depending on the situation.

Other packs will also be able to recognize the alpha as well and not be suspicious of the dom. Sometimes other packs will even ask to "help" with the loner. and help protect the Neko.

Well, all of this applies to half-humans as well. And with my unfortunate curse called lucky. I ended up being a Neko...