The Moon

As a celestial orb, the moon radiates power that magic-users can draw upon to enhance their spells.

As a deity, the Moon is known as Cynthia.

Cynthia is the Guardian of Earth. She doesn't belong to either Faery Court, and she stays out of Faery politics. She does have dealings with various Nature Fae and others who are condemned to live on Earth, though it is difficult for those on Earth to have direct contact with her. There is a portal that connects the moon (celestial orb) to Earth which Cynthia uses to travel and allows others to meet her on the moon.

Technically, Cynthia is the moon and the moon is Cynthia. Her thoughts, feelings, well-being is directly connected to the celestial orb earth dwellers view at night.

A Black Moon, when the Moon is completely absent, is a bad omen for the workers of Death – especially Valkyries.

A Blood Moon, when the Moon is seen tinged with red, is a good omen for Vampires.

The Moon plays an important role in most of my stories, most notably the current version of "Malignant Moon" here on Wattpad.

*Thank you for reading. I hope you've found this informative. Don't hesitate to comment and vote. For more, go to my blog Ronel the Mythmaker to learn all you can about these fascinating creatures.*