Vila

Vilas are captivatingly beautiful Fae who live in both the Otherworld and the world of the living.

They have beautiful singing voices and are mesmerising to watch when they dance – which they love to do.

They are excellent archers and usually display this skill when mortals interrupt their revels. They have their revels beneath cherry trees.

Vilas have long flowing hair and typically wear white, though they are partial to shades of blue. They are the Keepers of the Blue Festival where all Fae who are blue can enjoy a revel designed to pay their Tithes and build their glamour.

They do not particularly like humans, though they know that it is necessary to enthral them to take part in their revels as sacrifice. They'll do what they must to lure humans to their special revels. A thick ring of grass, a type of faery ring, remains after such a revel and those who are wise know not to pass, for their life-force will immediately be drained and they will become part of the forest.

They are the peacekeepers of the forest. Any animal or Fae with a problem can go their sacred Ash trees and have the Vila waiting there decide judgement. Though they love all animals, they are partial to dogs.

They delight in creating storms just for the fun of it. Though they'll heal the injured and sometimes use their prophetic powers to avert tragedy.

Vilas are shape-shifters, a trait they share with most Fae.

A Vila appears in "The Blue Festival".

*Thank you for reading. I hope you've found this informative. Don't hesitate to comment and vote. For more, go to my blog Ronel the Mythmaker and learn all you can about these fascinating creatures.*