Thirteen

Note: this book is just about the story of how they met and how they got back together. So, this chapter is going to be the start of how they got back together. Keep in mind, after this chapter, there's going to be a lot more time skips.

3 months later..

"Unnie, where's my phone!" Ryujin's voice echoed in ITZY's waiting room. "You think I know? Why don't you ask Yuna?" Lia replied, fed up with how many times Ryujin asked where her phone is. "Yuna!" she shouted and Yuna came running. "What, what?" she asked, confused. "Where in the love of God is my damn phone?"

Yuna rolled her eyes, "My eyes aren't for watching where you put your phone, unnie.. Plus, no one touched your phone." she answered. "Calm down, girls.. Here's your phone, Ryujin-ah.. It was on the chair." their manager interrupted them. "Oh, silly me.. Thanks, oppa." she smiled after snatching her phone from his hands.

"Getting old already, huh?" Yeji cocked an eyebrow at Ryujin as she sat next to Lia. Ryujin rolled her eyes, "Are you forgetting that you're older than me?" a smirk formed on her lips. "At least I don't forget where my phone is.." she mumbled, getting a glare from the pink haired girl. "Girls, you're up!" their manager said, excitedly.

They were about to perform their new song, ICY, from their new single, IT'z ICY. By the looks of it, the song is going to be a hit. They might be rookies, but they're monster rookies. If you ask me, what makes them stand out is their charisma. Speaking of monster rookies, TXT is performing on the same stage right after them.

After performing, the girls walk off stage and happens to cross paths with TXT, who were about to go on stage. They didn't make eye contact, but bowed to each other. Though they desperately want to talk to each other, they had to restrain themselves. There were other idols there at the moment and they don't want them to misunderstand.

Who knows, maybe some idols hate them and want to make fake rumours about them. You never know what could happen. Therefore, they hid their friendship, away from what they see and that includes them avoiding each other as well. But, let's not dive deeper into that.

TXT went on stage for their performance. They were performing 9 and Three Quarters, also known as Run Away. The song has a story behind it. It's about them exploring the idea of escaping life's burdens and figuratively running away with their friends. It's full of sadness and angst, it gives more emotion to the song with those lyrics.

After their performance, they went home. Just like ITZY, before they left, they thanked the staffs around.

(just...don't ask where they performed-)

---

"Good job, girls!" their manager said, smiling. "Thanks," they all said and bowed their heads. "Let's get you home." he said as he started the engine. Their manager is caring, cool, and very understanding. He's probably the only one that's not as strict as the other managers.

He recalled seeing Ryujin stare at the monitor when TXT was performing, he felt guilty for not explaining to JYP about this. Yes, he was the one that heard Ryujin and Beomgyu's conversation that happened over 2 months ago. He didn't dare to speak up, especially if it's to JYP. He wants to help them, but the only question is, how?

If JYP's understanding, he would actually talk about it with him. But, he's very strict when it comes to his idols, especially female idols. Also, since ITZY is a rookie girl group, it's more harder to do that. He knew how hard it was since he was once a trainee too, but he doesn't know how it feels to cry over someone when you're an idol.

As he dropped the girls off at their dorm, he waved goodbye and after they went in, he starts to recall his memories back in the days. He used to be so energetic when it comes to dancing, he used to be so tired after practices, he used to be so childish and would make other trainees laugh.

He missed those days, but those other trainees are his friends. In fact, they've been best friends for more than 10 years now. After he shook off the thought, he smiled to himself and drove off.

. . .

"Who wants to watch a movie with me tonight?" Yuna smiled brightly as she turned to her members. They look so tired but Yuna is the opposite. She gave the cutest smile she can give to them, hoping at least one of them gives in. She looked at Chaeryeong with hope in her eyes, "Unnie?"

Chaeryeong chuckled at the younger, "Sure, but please don't wake me up if i fall asleep." she said, patting Yuna's head. She smiled even brighter and turned to the three. "Don't give me that look.." Ryujin heaves a sigh. Yuna pouted, "Ugh, fine.." Ryujin dropped her arms as she surrendered.

"Unnies?" she did it again.

"Nope, I am not falling for that again." Lia held up two fingers and made an 'x' with them. "You're no fun. Yeji-unnie?" she said to Lia but quickly turned to Yeji. Yeji shook her head, "Sorry, Yuna. But I'm so tired today.." she reasoned. Yuna shrugged, "At least they're joining me.." she skipped to her room.

That's how Yuna, Chaeryeong and Ryujin ended up in the living room, watching a Christmas related movie. "Yuna, I'm going to bed now.." Chaeryeong mumbled before she stood up. Yuna nodded and let her go to her room, but she won't let go of Ryujin. "Yah, let me go.." Ryujin said but didn't even push her away.

"We should go to bed. It's already 3 in the morning." Ryujin emphasized the last word. Yuna giggles, "Fine.." she stood up from the couch that they were glued to and pulled Ryujin up. "Before you go, can you answer my question first?" Yuna asked. Ryujin just nodded, "What is it?" she saw Yuna hesitating.

"Do you miss them?"

----

Hey! How are you guys doin'? I hope y'all aren't sick. countingwithflowerz thanks for the cover!

Bye~ :)