17. Day One

Apparently Mexico's expecting a war to arise soon with other countries. And the Army won't be able to protect this country with its state right now. And since the government knows I am uncontactable, they had sent Garcia, to be a "spy" and a death target.

And now they know about my identity. And i also can't ask for help from my shitty uncle because, well you know.

So i guess i have no choice, but to work with Garcia? God help me. 

And i have to train the Army for what? 4 months? Looks like death really loves me. 

"Have you got everything?" Kiara asked me. 

Since it was a government issue, i was given a leave of absence from school for 4 months. And of course, it meant i had to tell Kiara everything. I thought she would have been shocked i was trying to kill her own brother, but instead she just embraced me into a warm and tight hug, saying she was sorry for all that I have been through. 

"But my brother isn't that bad. He-"

"Yea i know. I know that too well." I smiled at her. 

She returned a reassuring smile. 

I waved goodbye to her and turned my back on my normal future. Somehow, i had a strong feeling that these 4 months, are going to be tough but exciting. 

With that, Garcia and I set off to the Army base. 

"Hey Santini-"

"I don't want to hear a single word from your mouth."

"Ouch. We're gonna be bunk mates for 4 months ya know."

"What? But we're different genders!"

"But we're not official officers. We're specials. A damn serial killer and an assassin."

I rolled my eyes and walked faster.

"Aw c'mon! Wait for me love!"

I gripped my luggage handle tighter and bit my lip.

4 months. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Soldiers! Assemble in 5 minutes!" The speaker yelled. 

I covered my ears in shock and cursed at the speaker. 

I'm in a really bad mood. 

"Hey Santini, you ok?"

"No?" I glared at Brian. He was stunned but stopped asking. 

We headed upstage along with many officers, many surrounding mostly Brian. I couldn't help but let out a tiny laugh.

"C'mon boys, not here." He sarcastically told them. (Remember he is still a top criminal)

"Orders." One officer said plainly. Brian rolled his eyes and just faced the parade behind me. 

"Fellow soldiers, war may be upon from us soon. And the government has decided to help you useless asses here. Hence please welcome your two new instructors. Carmen Santini and Brian Garcia.  They will be training you lot for the next 4 months. Show them absolute respect. Is that  clear, batch 101?!" The officers shouted.

The soldiers agreed in unison. 

"A "her"? Is the government underestimating us or something? How can a girl teach us?"