13. Crush?

"You..what?!" He exclaimed. 

"You heard me. I'm not doing it."

"Carmen! How could you bail on your mission?!"

"He's too difficult of a target." 

"You're gonna let me down again?" He said seriously. 

"I'm afraid so. I have no interest of a target like him."

"Hah don't tell me you've fell for him or something."

"In your dreams uncle. Find someone else to kill him."

"I have no choice do i."

"Yea. So don't contact me about him anymore. I will atone for my mistakes and help you assassinate another person. But that will be it."

"Hah, i won't need a weakling like you in my line of work."

"Fine by me. This is goodbye then."

I didn't let him continue and ended the call. Guess this is it. 

He is no longer my target. We no longer have anything in common. We can be strangers. Like what we were supposed to be. 

And i can return to a normal college life like i planned. This is for the best.

..right?

Brian's POV

These days Santini has been acting very distant towards me. Yea i know i said i wanted her to leave me alone, but it was a little different than last time. 

At least she would attempt to kill me when she had the chance, but now she was completely ignorant. Like i never existed in her life. 

I thought i was her target, i had been on alert every time she walked past me, but i've been letting it loose since she has been making no attempt.

What happened..

Was it because i told her my plan? So she stopped? But it's impossible. 

After that night she continued to try.

Was it because she gave up?

No, she isn't the type to give up.

Period?

Ah why would i even think of that. 

.

.

.

.

And just as i was thinking of that, i passed by her once again. I didn't know was it just me imagining things or anything, but i swore she looked at me in the eye with a burning sense of hatred for a second before returning to her conversation with Kiara. 

Ah honestly, why can't i just stop thinking about her for a second. 

"Yo bud, going for the football tryouts?" another one of my friends, Jayden asked. 

"Why would i? It's just a waste of time."

"Kenedy will be there."

"All the more reason why i wouldn't go."

"C'mon man, you can easily be the most popular guy in school by defeating him in the game."

"Why would i want to be?" I yawned.

"Uh, you can get all the girls?" 

"I don't need that in my life."

"Maybe that girl who you're crushing on will notice you too." He winked.