49. Them

Tori's POV 

I was very curious about this new girl in the picture. She seemed to have a high level of confidence for a lowlife like herself. She didn't seem intimidated by Julios, which is a first, I'll give her that. 

But to talk back to me? That's something new. 

.

.

.

8pm, Falcons Hotel. 

Julios' POV 

"Good evening sir." 

"Good evening. Reservations under Ms Bailey?" 

"Ah yes, you must Mr Julios Black. Ms Bailey is waiting for you on the top floor. I will lead you there." 

He led me up the elevator and the top floor where there were only 4 tables widely separated from each other along with a lyrical music playing in the background. 

*sigh* let's get this over and done with. Although, i have a feeling I know what she's gonna say. I straightened my tie and walked towards her. 

She noticed me immediately and had an instant smile plastered on her face. 

"Hey!" 

"Hey." I answered as i sat down. 

"You're here on time for once." 

"Be glad I even came Ms Bailey." 

She pouted. "Tori. Tori. I told you you can call me Tori." 

"...Tori."

"Better! Now, shall we order our food? My treat today." 

"I'll pay. You're the guest here." 

She raised an eyebrow. "If you insist. Thank you." 

I nodded my head in acknowledgment and we looked through the menu in silence. 

It felt more of a meeting that a get together if I was being honest. But it's not like we even had a "tin" going on in the first place...so i shouldn't expect much right? 

We ordered some whiskey to add some spice before she initiated the real conversation. 

"You know...even if i hadn't mention it to that bitch earlier, our parents had an agreement for us." She twirled her glass. 

"I'm aware. I'm still trying to persuade my mom to re think." 

"There's nothing to rethink Julios. The media is starting to get suspicious of your personal life." 

"So?" 

"Additionally, it's time you start a family. You need an heir to the company." 

"And?" 

"Just accept the marriage already. it's been 5 years already. My father has threatened to end our partnership with Black Corporations y'know?" 

"Terminate our contract for all i care." I took a sip of the alcohol. 

"Julios, do you seriously hate me that much?" She sighed. 

"I don't hate you. I despise you." 

In anger, she threw her glass of whiskey on the floor and it shattered into pieces. 

"It's that new bitch isn't it?" 

"Not at all. I already despised you way before she came along." I foldeed my arms. 

"No. I can tell. You see light in her don't you? "She scoffed.