Chap. 77 (The Strongest Demon)

I launch myself forward towards Rio, he saw it coming and jumps back.

He is planning to retreat now because of the huge disadvantage but...

--------
Skill activate: Spike Pin
--------

A spike appears from the ground and pierced through his body. Though it did not kill him, it did pin him there and prevented him from escaping.

"FUCK!!" He roars and he tries to transform back into his demon form but I prevented him by cutting his legs off.

"Arghh!!!! You!!! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!" He explodes and the spike incinerates from the molten explosion.

He turns into his demon form and his legs immediately regenerate together with his face.
"AKUMA!!! YOU MUST DIE!!!!!"

He's demon form looks like any other demon, but instead, he is purple in colour.

Heh...it makes no difference though.

I engulf myself and the sword in both purify and mana.
Rio sucks up the magma from the molten rocks below us and shapes them into a thousand spikes in the sky.

"Woah Woah, a spike magma rain huh...my fucking nightmare," I mumble.

It rains down at a ridiculous speed but I am still faster.
--------
Skill activate: Swift(150% increase speed)
Skill activate: Heat resistance
Skill activate: Burn resistance
Skill activate: rock skin
--------
That is probably the most skill I ever activated in one go.

Dodging every spike like a pro, I plunge the sword into the floor and uses mana to explodes the surrounding molten rock from within.
Controlling the magma's movement using mana, I intercept every magma spike and instead creates a magma tsunami towards Rio.

Rio sees that and casually walk towards me.

The wave of magma splash into him but he is unharmed.

Ho...

In that case...

I snap and he felt intense pain all of a sudden.

"!!! Ugh!!! W-What did you do!!?" Rio shouts.

He drops onto the floor as his skins burns.

"I activated my skill, purify, in the atmosphere," I say, smiling even wider when I see his suffering.

"Do you have no mana at all?!!?!!" Rio shouts. "How can you keep using spells repeatedly!!!?"
"Of course...i don't have mana. But who says I'm using spells."
"I-Impossible...YOU ARE USING SKILLS?!?"

I smirk. "Correct."

Rio's eyes widen in both surprise and fear.

Spells require mana. But skills only have a cooldown timing. That's why for trash like me without mana, skills are like a life-saver.

"You damn heretic...damn human..." He curses and he bites his lip in a last attempt to brace himself.

Using his last strength, he gradually tries to get up from the pain and summons a magic circle under me.
I intercept the magic circle nevertheless by plunging my sword into it, disrupting the flow of mana.

"You...you fucker..." He says as I walk towards him.

I engulf my sword with purify once again and smiles.

"See you in the next life, Rio. Let's hope that next time, we would be friends instead." I say, preparing to stab him.

"Wait!" Rio shouts. "What will you do to the demons?!"

...

...

What will I do huh?

...

At first, I want to kill every demon but I changed my mind.

"I will command and control every demon to kill humans," I say.

Rio's eyes widen again, this time in surprise...and in relief.

"I see..." He says and he sighs. "A human being a demon king huh..."

"Does it really matters?"

"No no...you are already a demon inside, after all, I'm sure the other demons will soon realize your value...as for the beauties in my harem...take care of them for me." He says.

I sigh and plunges my sword into him.
"Sure," I mumble. "I will make good use of them."

Rio screams in pain before exploding. His body turns into ash and disperses away.

At that time, everyone in the demon realm felt it. The demon lord, a powerful source of demonic mana, has died.

I take a ring off from the ground. It's the demon lord's ring.

Hmm...what could go wrong?

I decided to wear the ring instead. At first, there was some sort of resistance coming from the ring but eventually, it submits and that's when I can finally...control demonic mana as well.